Cycle from Wellington to Ceres

Rishad

Was thinking of a relaxed road ride from Wellington to Ceres and back (+- 110km)
Plan is to take the train from Cape Town to Wellington early one Saturday.
Cycle over Bainskloof to Ceres (55km)
Have lunch in Ceres.
Return to Wellington.
Back to Cape Town with the train.

I'm keen to know what the interest is.

Also, if anyone's already cycled the route any tips welcome.

Edited by Rishad

In my opinion its an "interesting ride" I would just pick my weather, one December when I was still young and strong I cycled over Bainskloof,  it was 40 degrees in the shade and the heat radiating off the road was hectic, take plenty of water. The traffic was also a bit crazy...I believe its still pretty hot in CT, maybe in late Autumn is a better time?.

Otherwise sounds like fun. 

Cycling from Prince Alfred Hamlet (10 km on the other side of Ceres) up to bainskloof and back is one of my usual Sunday morning rides...the road between bainskloof and Wolseley used to be horrible with no shoulder, but has been redone and the shoulder is almost 2m wide. Very nice ride, would highly recommend you carry it out.

very nice ride ive done it a few times, on bainskloof just stick tight left when it gets to the corners, most drivers cut the corners coming from front but no serious incounters yet. i normally where bright colours like yellow to stand out.

Ive only done this ride by myself and normally cars coming from the back is also very chilled if i give way as much as possible. (no shoulder over bainskloof)

There is a nice water point as you go over the white bridge on other side of Wolseley as you about to start your climb going to Ceres. its almost straigt over the T junction on the left side of the road.