Rockshox TK30

Tesla

Hi, newbie here needing some advice.

I want to purchase a 2017 silverback sola 3 mtb, but I can't figure out where the fork places in terms of performance/quality/etc.

It just says "Rockshox TK30 29”, 100mm Travel, Tapered Alloy Steerer, Remote PopLoc, QR Dropout" on the specifications.

How does this shock compare to other forks like the Recon Gold TK29 and Recon Silver RL 29?

Also, I take it, that it is a coil fork? From what I understand air is better, or are the newer coil forks on par again?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Hi, newbie here needing some advice.

I want to purchase a 2017 silverback sola 3 mtb, but I can't figure out where the fork places in terms of performance/quality/etc.

It just says "Rockshox TK30 29”, 100mm Travel, Tapered Alloy Steerer, Remote PopLoc, QR Dropout" on the specifications.

How does this shock compare to other forks like the Recon Gold TK29 and Recon Silver RL 29?

Also, I take it, that it is a coil fork? From what I understand air is better, or are the newer coil forks on par again?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Nope air is still better. Coil is not bad and it will get you through it all but the air will be better.

Buy the bike and look at 2nd hand options for an air fork 

Not sure if it's Gold or Silver, but it looks to be the Gold, which is an air fork.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5iCklo.png

It appears to have the Air Pressure settings sticker on the back.

Not sure if it's Gold or Silver, but it looks to be the Gold, which is an air fork.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5iCklo.png

It appears to have the Air Pressure settings sticker on the back.

Thanks, I have mailed the agent to find out 

Rockshox TK30 Gold is an air fork.  I have one on my hardtail which I mostly ride Hemel en Aarde with. For a newbie it's fine.

Rockshox TK30 Gold is an air fork.  I have one on my hardtail which I mostly ride Hemel en Aarde with. For a newbie it's fine.

Yeah, would be quite happy if it was the gold :D , the thing is I can't figure out what exactly is on that bike.

Confirmed that it is an air shock. My guess is these shocks(TK30) aren't labelled gold/silver like the TK29.

Edited by Tesla