E thirteen..

Lizzard30

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they sorted out the creak in those E-thirteens yet

Apparently they have, if you have an older one you can get a kit with like a special washer or something and the newer ones come pre-fitted with it

Expensive indeed. To me it also seems lately that e13 has more and more become the 'new' show pony brand that's kitted on top of range bikes. Where bikes used to be paraded with enve rims, they're now fitted with e13 trs carbon rims and their carbon cranks.

What makes the brand so 'good?'

The price.

The more expensive you price your product nowadays, the more "experts" will believe and promote your brand. Marketing BS if you ask me to catch that part of the market who likes to "show and tell..."

Edited by SuperDS

Personally I think there is a place for these cassettes. 

On the new Sclapel there isn't enough clearance for anything bigger than 34T which makes Eagle a waste. Mine came with 32T and 11-46 cassette but I need more top end. Getting a 34T ring but will definitely look at e thirteen or Hope cassette. Anyone know if Hope requires XD? 

Personally I think there is a place for these cassettes. 

On the new Sclapel there isn't enough clearance for anything bigger than 34T which makes Eagle a waste. Mine came with 32T and 11-46 cassette but I need more top end. Getting a 34T ring but will definitely look at e thirteen or Hope cassette. Anyone know if Hope requires XD? 

Sorry - I mis-read. The Hope cassette will definitely fit the hope freehub body, if it's the one that accepts the smaller 10t cog (it's slightly shorter than a normal freehub body) The e-13 needs the XD. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Hope cassette only fits on hope hubs and you need a special hope freehub. Freehub looks like 10 speed shimano however its a bit shorter to accommodate the 10 ring. On the plus side hope cassette's about R1000 cheaper than E-thirteen from CRC.

Hope cassette only fits on hope hubs and you need a special hope freehub. Freehub looks like 10 speed shimano however its a bit shorter to accommodate the 10 ring. On the plus side hope cassette's about R1000 cheaper than E-thirteen from CRC.

Thank you sir! 

Oefen Akkedis. Jy kan nie fiksheid koop nie

Soek nie fiksheid nie, soek top spoed 

On the new Sclapel there isn't enough clearance for anything bigger than 34T which makes Eagle a waste.

cant be? - are you sure? :eek:

Few guys here running Eagle (bigger than 34 front - 38) on their SI Scalpels.

Ja boerklong ek het gewag vir jou comments.. die is presies wat jy nie like van 1x systems nie... jy verloor of klim en top end...so die is enigste opsie vir 1x system...

cant be? - are you sure? :eek:

Few guys here running Eagle (bigger than 34 front - 38) on their SI Scalpels.

Apparently one can modify or run a spacer to move the chainring outwards to clear the chainstay but that will have an effect on the chainline. I'm not keen to do this. 

Eagle comes as standard on some of the top end Scalpels with 34T chainring. 

Apparently one can modify or run a spacer to move the chainring outwards to clear the chainstay but that will have an effect on the chainline. I'm not keen to do this. 

Eagle comes as standard on some of the top end Scalpels with 34T chainring. 

Said it before, I'll say it again.

If you run anything smaller than a 36T chainring on an Eagle (or any other 50T cassette) setup, then sell your bike and take up lawn bowls, 'cause you ain't got the legs for it.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

If you run anything smaller than a 36T chainring on an Eagle (or any other 50T cassette) setup, then sell your bike and take up lawn bowls, 'cause you ain't got the legs for it.

Wait for V12 to get back from Epic.... :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

So have been running the 10-speed 9-42 casette for about 200km now and it works a charm. I initially had trouble setting up my 10-speed XT deraileur though. Setting the B-screw to cope with the 42 cog resulted in the shifting at the other end of the spectrum being troublesome. Changed the derailleur to an 11 speed XT one I luckily had and it worked a charm - Note I had to fit a longer B-screw to the 10 speed version, but the 11 speed one's B-screw was long enough, so maybe it was to be expected. 

The end system is a bit of a Frankenstein, but in terms of performance, gear spacing, and general experience I am now very happy and having "only" 10 cogs with the 466% range is not an issue at all.

Relative to the SRAM 11-speed option, the inclusion of the 9-tooth gear allows me to either stay with my 36-tooth front blade and retain top end for those longer district road days or go smaller up front and gain an extra couple of mm to improve my chain line. Climbing wise I find the 36-42 combination to be fine with my 650B wheel size even on big climbing days.  

Bottomline: it required a little more involvement than just fitting a "conventional" drivetrain but works well and the extra effort makes it all the more rewarding.