E thirteen..

Lizzard30

Personally I think there is a place for these cassettes. 

On the new Sclapel there isn't enough clearance for anything bigger than 34T which makes Eagle a waste. Mine came with 32T and 11-46 cassette but I need more top end. Getting a 34T ring but will definitely look at e thirteen or Hope cassette. Anyone know if Hope requires XD? 

Are you 100% sure? One of the guys in my riding group has a 36 on his Scalpel with the XT 11-46 at the back. I dont know where he bought the bike though

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you 100% sure? One of the guys in my riding group has a 36 on his Scalpel with the XT 11-46 at the back. I dont know where he bought the bike though

Thats what I was told and if you look at the clearance it seems accurate. However I was also told that one could make a plan with some sort of spacer.

I'm leaning towards 34T with 9 or 10 small sprocket instead. 

Rather look at this offering

www.kalbo.co.za

They provide a expander cog for your rear cluster. also buy the replacement gear for the mid hub to keep the shifts smooth. 

Has been a great solution for me - I run a 38t front ring with an 11-42 (10sp) on the back. Wheels are 650b so the calculations are all a bit different - if I was on a 29er I'd use a smaller front ring.

The 11sp cassette expander gives you a 45t as the largest cog, and its a relatively cheap option to play with while you think about more expensive things.

Edited by 100Tours

My experience: the 9 tooth allows smaller front ring, which allows optimising your chain line 

Hi.. I'm thinking of changing my cluster to a 9-46.. running 32 oval in front now.. with 10-36.. is it any good with the wide range of gears....

I am running the E THirteen 9-46 to get some top end and it works fine. I was using a 34 tooth Rapide Narrow wide - just fitted an oval 32 to see what that is like - haven't ridden it yet. So far so good. Got the cassette and freebody off CRC in december as they were the only people with stock