MTB Group rides - CT City Bowl

gerhardsnorbaard

Hi all

I am still looking for a weekly MTB riding group of some sorts in Cape Town City Bowl or surrounds. 

Will latch on to anything, fast or slow, as long as I can ride with others and not only on my Pieter Dirk Ace. My working hours are flexible.

Entered two gravel grinders for the year, so have something concrete to work towards (50 miler and K2C). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Drop my 'n whatsapp. Ek ry twee keer per week in tafelberg. Jy is welkom om te join. My nommer is 0722226906.

Cheers

Heinrich

Hi guys, I'm keen, too. 

Table Mountain / Kirstenbosch / Tokai are favourite areas on week days & week-ends. Can be slower of faster - I'm easy on that. Just sad and unsafe riding out there alone.

Bootleggers is a fav place for a coffee stop :)

My work hours are flexible but have to be in the office between 10 and 3, taking my bike with if going to ride.

My whatsapp 071 179 9139

Kate

Edited by Catty

People of the hub

Myself and Kate and potentially 1-2 others will do a chilled ride on Thursday morning (13 Apr) - from Virgin Active Wembley Square to the Blockhouse and back. Reasonable pace. 

Meet at 6h30 sharp. 

You are welcome to message me, otherwise respond to this thread, or just be there.

Gerhard

(zero eight four) 730 6222

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I'm keen, too. 

Table Mountain / Kirstenbosch / Tokai are favourite areas on week days & week-ends. Can be slower of faster - I'm easy on that. Just sad and unsafe riding out there alone.

Bootleggers is a fav place for a coffee stop :)

My work hours are flexible but have to be in the office between 10 and 3, taking my bike with if going to ride.

My whatsapp 071 179 9139

Kate

Hey there Catty

Are you still looking for riding buddies? I've been out of action for about 2 months, but also looking for a group in the CBD area, or someone who would be keen to ride on weekends.

Kate

• 1 month later...

Im also keen to join up, the trails around lions head are quite fun, and there's a mini enduro run in the glen down into camps bay

Another cool route is vredehoek to constantia neck and back (above kirstenbosch)

I stay in Sea Point

Feel free to add me:

Luke

Edited by slewk

Hi, I live in Hout bay and ride Tablemountain and Cecilia, Kirstenbosh, Newlands and UCT a couple of times a week. I am retired so can ride anytime. Always looking for company.

PM me please if you are looking for company.

Hi, I live in Hout bay and ride Tablemountain and Cecilia, Kirstenbosh, Newlands and UCT a couple of times a week. I am retired so can ride anytime.Always looking for company.

PM me please if you are looking for company.

Then you are the perfect guy to create a table mountain MtB cycling group. I'm sure there are many keen riders.

Haha, passing the buck. Yes, I will set up a Whatsapp group so send me a PM with your cell number and location so that I can get an idea where everyone lives.

I am doing Ride2Nowehere next week so will schedule first ride for the week after. 

Hi guys

I also work in town, but I don't have flexibility during the day. I am close to Wembley Square.

I would be keen to join for a ride maybe once a week around 5pm.

Weekend rides are easier though and would love to join a group and get to know the Table Mountain trails a bit better.

Please add me to the Whatsapp group.

Johan

072 384 5788

Okay, I have created a Whatsapp group called TM MTB riders and I have added Johan so far.  I tend to ride in mornings from around 7:30 onwards and mostly ride to UCT via Constantia nek, Cecilia forest, Newlands and sometimes the greenbelt through Constantia. I also ride up to Noordhoek Peak via Chappies, ou wa Pad, and Silvermine fairly often but usually on the weekend so I can come back home via Tokia trails and the Greenbelt to Constantia Nek.

I try to do a loop around the mountain once a week which means I carry on riding from UCT up Plumb Pudding and back along one of the routes below Table Mountain.

But I am flexible and more than happy to arrange different rides (and times) depending on the interest.

If you are keen to join me on any of these rides then send me your mobile number (PM me) and I will add you to the group.

Steve

Why dont you guys join Tablemountainbikers (www.tablemountainbikers.co.za).  The whatsapp group has over a hundred members on and is very active.  There are standing morning and night rides on Table Mountain, as well as ad-hoc rides being organized over weekends, etc.

Why dont you guys join Tablemountainbikers (www.tablemountainbikers.co.za).  The whatsapp group has over a hundred members on and is very active.  There are standing morning and night rides on Table Mountain, as well as ad-hoc rides being organized over weekends, etc.

Thanks. That's a great idea. will do so now and let Johan and Karin know they should do the same. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I would love to join in on some group rides. I am pretty flexible.

Please add me: 082 041 4278

Thank you.