An oily roof

Hi Everyone

This morning after my coffee ride I was loading my mtb into car. Unfortunately, it seems that the chain touched the roof lining and has left an oil mark. What would be the best way to remove these marks off the roof lining?

The reason I have to put the bike in the car is because:

1. I have a Peugeot 308 GTI which because of the exhaust being bigger then the normal 308 doesn't allow for a tow-bar.

2. I have roof rack however because I park in a multi-story car park, I can't have the bike on the roof. Also my work place is in Joburg town and I would prefer not tempting someone.

Thanks for the help in advance.

post-74802-0-75970500-1490335364_thumb.jpg

post-74802-0-53525300-1490335370_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

This morning after my coffee ride I was loading my mtb into car. Unfortunately, it seems that the chain touched the roof lining and has left an oil mark. What would be the best way to remove these marks off the roof lining?

The reason I have to put the bike in the car is because:

1. I have a Peugeot 308 GTI which because of the exhaust being bigger then the normal 308 doesn't allow for a tow-bar.

2. I have roof rack however because I park in a multi-story car park, I can't have the bike on the roof. Also my work place is in Joburg town and I would prefer not tempting someone.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Looks like you are looking for a reason to sell your Peugot and get a Golf Gti. 

:D

Don't waste your time. Sell a kidney and go for the R

http://www.sk-automobildesign.de/wp-content/uploads/SKAD-7R-5-890x590.jpg

Car valet pro's use a solvent based cleaner for headliners otherwise you will be left with a water mark.

Me, I would use benzine as has been suggested, however, if you are anal about your car take it to a pro.

Do not use prepsol.

no self-respecting mountain biker would be seen dead in a low profile gangsta wagon like that. How would you even drive down a gravel road to get to a bike park/trail?

Dude this is a biking forum not a car wash.............

Agree however cycling is a passion for us all and this could be a common issue with a few people.

With the resale value of this specific Peugeot, I may have to sell a kidney and a lung...  :eek:

Car valet pro's use a solvent based cleaner for headliners otherwise you will be left with a water mark.

Me, I would use benzine as has been suggested, however, if you are anal about your car take it to a pro.

Do not use prepsol.

Thanks will speak with a few of the local valet places and see what the costs are.

I would be worried that using solvents indiscriminately can dissolve the glue holding the liner in place. Get it done by reputable valet.