www.chainreactioncycles.com

Jason

Never heard of this website.

Make sure it's legit. Many fly-by-nights out there.

Lol

OP... customs will be high! Apparel and shoes are a big no no when importing. Government protecting the textile industry here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps... I ordered kit from Europe and the customs was only R2k which I thought wasn't too bad... So shoes more or less the same?

Annoyingly, cycling shoes are classified as "clothing" under our import taxes.

Look up the most recent import duties for clothing and add VAT (as mentioned above).

I have been burnt by this before. After the whole hannabaloo, they cost very much the same as the bike shop down the road.

Thanks chaps... I ordered kit from Europe and the customs was only R2k which I thought wasn't too bad... So shoes more or less the same?

Shoes are 3,500 + Customs (1,400) + VAT 700 

A tad more than R2k but excludes shipping costs, SARS wonderful rate of exchange and the 10% customs value being ignored in the above cacl

15% VAT, 30-40% duties.

Shoes are a big eina.

This... I got sent a pair of shoes as a B/day present and the taxes were massive on the commercial invoice. They were a R4000 pair of road shoes. Almost sent them back when I rocked up at the the post office and was presented the bill.