MTB Trails around Klienmond - any suggestions ?

Capadonean

Hi All,

I'm spending a few days in Klienmond W/Cape soon and have never been there before.. can anyone recommend where i can find some good MTB trails ..

Please help fellow dirty seekers :-)

There are some trails in George not too far and then Garden Route Bike Park near Sedgefield for some awesome trails.

Klienmond MTB -

http://www.capenature.co.za/reserves/kogelberg-nature-reserve/

just outside town you can ride there

day permit at office -nice jeep track riding

or you can ride out of town towards hermanus just before intersection of R43 and R44 follow the highlands road on left up and over to grabouw -highlands road ends at peregrine farm stall - nice dirt roads great climb some traffic

about half way on the highlands road is iona winefarm there where trails there but don't know if they still accessible

Edited by bikebloke

There are some trails in George not too far and then Garden Route Bike Park near Sedgefield for some awesome trails.

Apologies I was thinking of Kleinbrak near Mosselbay.

Klienmond MTB -

http://www.capenature.co.za/reserves/kogelberg-nature-reserve/

just outside town you can ride there

day permit at office -nice jeep track riding

or you can ride out of town towards hermanus just before intersection of R43 and R44 follow the highlands road on left up and over to grabouw -highlands road ends at peregrine farm stall - nice dirt roads great climb some traffic

about half way on the highlands road is iona winefarm there where trails there but don't know if they still accessible

Thanks Bikebloke ... most useful ..seems I'll have some exploring to do and some hills to climb  :thumbup:

From Kleinmond head out then when you get to the T-junction turn LEFT (away from Hermanus)  About 2km on there is a MTB trail to the right.

Near Grabouw there are some other options as well

From Kleinmond head out then when you get to the T-junction turn LEFT (away from Hermanus)  About 2km on there is a MTB trail to the right.

Near Grabouw there are some other options as well

awesome thanks for the input .. discover i will  :)

Don't know if the trail is still in operation as you are heading towards Bettysbay, just over the bridge, maybe a km or two, a little gravel road takes you to the start of a nice little trail. Used to be run by Cape Nature and need to pay entrance fee.

Also the gravel road just before Hermanus t junction provides nice climb without traffic and you can cycle from Kleinmond

Edited by w-endfan

There is a MTB trail at Honingklip, thats after the left turn.  But I was thinking of one of the other side of the road ... just cant find its name now ....

Don't know if the trail is still in operation as you are heading towards Bettysbay, just over the bridge, maybe a km or two, a little gravel road takes you to the start of a nice little trail. Used to be run by Cape Nature and need to pay entrance fee.

Also the gravel road just before Hermanus t junction provides nice climb without traffic and you can cycle from Kleinmond

Yeah, Kogelbaai MTB route. Very scenic. Was closed but reopened a few months ago after the massive floods we had. Mostly jeeptrack but well worth the ride.

http://mtbroutes.co.za/kogelberg-mtb-route-closest-citytown-kleinmond.html

There is a MTB trail at Honingklip, thats after the left turn.  But I was thinking of one of the other side of the road ... just cant find its name now ....

that's wildekrans.