American Classic Victory 30 - pinch flats with tubes?

DuPs

Hi All,

I've heard that some people struggle with pinch flats when using tubes in the American Classic Victory 30 tubeless wheels.  Do any of you use them with tubes?  Can you confirm the reliability of using them with tubes?

I have only ever used them with tubes. I've had a couple of pinch flats but it would have happened regardless of rim/tube.

I'm just now contemplating going the tubeless route but I'm hearing conflicting views on if it works on a road bike at 100psi???

Edited by Andreas_187

I've run them with tubes and tubeless. Never had an issue with tubes but made sure i worked the bead into the hook before inflating. 

Truthfully though tubeless is the way to go. They are designed for it and running something like the One Pro tyre you are getting one of the fastest tyres out there and all the benefits of tubeless (less rolling resistance, better flat protection, lighter, ability to run lower pressure). I know the investment seems a lot for a top end tyre but look overseas and you'll be able to pick up 2 tyres for what you'll pay locally and that makes it inline with other tubbed tyres. it's a sad fact but true.