Wetsuit Rental - JHB

EmJayZA

Managed to find wet suit rental in Jhb.

• Sailfish suits 
  • Email: info@thebikebasement.co.za
  • Cost: R600 for a week (R600 deducted off wetsuit purchase if you choose to buy a suit)
  • Deposit: R1500 
  • Collection from Petervale Village:  Cambridge Rd & Frans Hals St, Petervale, Sandton, 2191

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up about this establishment. Still waiting for my refund for 4 weeks after being returned. The suit was inspected and it was confirmed there was no damage. Such a pity as they have some pretty decent stock. 

Edited by EmJayZA

That isnt a very good advertisement for them unfortunately.

If you need suit rental then Terry at Xterra is the man, I think he is based in CT but from what I understood he could ship to you. I ended up buying a suit from him and he is a great guy to deal with.

Just a heads up about this establishment. Still waiting for my refund for 4 weeks after being returned. The suit was inspected and it was confirmed there was no damage. Such a pity as they have some pretty decent stock. 

Is this Rory's BikeBasement?

If you need suit rental then Terry at Xterra is the man, I think he is based in CT but from what I understood he could ship to you. I ended up buying a suit from him and he is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks, but it's a real schlep with the shipping. I thought it would be easier to deal with someone locally as well. They have a decently stocked shop (with some ok prices) and were pretty easy to deal with until I needed to get my money back. 

Thanks, but it's a real schlep with the shipping. I thought it would be easier to deal with someone locally as well. They have a decently stocked shop (with some ok prices) and were pretty easy to deal with until I needed to get my money back. 

That would really annoy me, you would assume the process would be fairly simple and they would give you your refund when the suit was returned.

That would really annoy me, you would assume the process would be fairly simple and they would give you your refund when the suit was returned.

I suspect it's an admin issue, but I have kind of lost my sense of humour about it now. 

Opinion reserved about CycleFO / Bike Basement

I will however second Rocket Boy on Terry at Exterra, busy renting a suit at the moment from him for next weeks IM70.3 Durbz for R650 and Zero deposit. The suit that arrived last week was brand spanking new with the tags still on. He is also friendly and great to interact with. 

Have to 2nd the recomendation of Terry at Xterra, really minimal hassle having it shipped to jhb...

I bought a suit from Terry...2 thumbs up...

Previously bought a suit from Blusmooth, 2 thumbs up.

Emjayza, sorry to hear about your experience, that's unacceptable. hope it gets sorted out , then you have 1500 to buy beer at Bidon...hehehe

Just seen them advertising wetsuit rental on facebook, so asked the question with regard to why they don't repay the deposit and provided a link to this thread... maybe some social media pressure will help you get the deposit back

Got a response. It was paid apparently, but waiting for the POP to see where the money went. Think I should just put this down to school fees... No beers/wine ICM :(

Just seen them advertising wetsuit rental on facebook, so asked the question with regard to why they don't repay the deposit and provided a link to this thread... maybe some social media pressure will help you get the deposit back

Awesome. Thanks Shaper!  

Edited by EmJayZA

Got a response. It was paid apparently, but waiting for the POP to see where the money went. Think I should just put this down to school fees... No beers/wine ICM :(

Awesome. Thanks Shaper!  

Nought! No school fees. Either it was paid incorrectly or it wasn't paid back. No in-betweens. Let them send you the proof of payment and continue to hassle them till you get your deposit back!

Well, just got an apology from Rory and he has promised to pay me cash if the money does not reflect by Monday. He has his banker looking into why the money is not reflecting. So either there has been a finger error, or a banking issue. At least I have a response and commitment to refund me.