Ironman 2018 - PE

clivem

Good Luck to everyone, I am very very jeally (As the generation Y-ers say). Haven't had FOMO at all until race day drew near.

To all the hubbers, this is just a couple of hours after putting together months of hard work-its your day, race your race and when you are getting tjankerig -remember why we do this and then smile and carry on. 

Best of Luck and may you all achieve your goals.  

Edited by Wheelsuck

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Safe travels everyone. And hope all our Hubbers have a cracker of a race. I will be cheering you on and trying to contain my FOMO on Sunday.

Looking forward to the race reports - so make mental notes... :clap:

Thank you an thanks to all for the wishes.

Going to be a long day for me. But enjoyable. Will have to stay awake late to see me finish if I am fortunate enough to finish.

Either way, it will end in tears, like every year.

Drove up the N1 yesterday between Bloemfontein & Winburg and saw a couple of cars heading south with racing weapons strapped on the back; hope your day goes to plan, and that the random things that you can’t control go in your favour. Remember to have fun

What the race bag like?

On way to airport shortly :)

My opinion, and only my opinion...I prefer the bag from the last 2 years to this years. The aperture is wider on the older bags. I also have an inkling quality is better on the older bags. Also last year we received a nice towel, this year only a little hand towel. Nothing to moan about I spose.

Good luck all on Sunday. Will watch the race from the couch......

And why are you not doing it?

????

My opinion, and only my opinion...I prefer the bag from the last 2 years to this years. The aperture is wider on the older bags. I also have an inkling quality is better on the older bags. Also last year we received a nice towel, this year only a little hand towel. Nothing to moan about I spose.

I was looking forward to getting a towel at EL. The towels at the expo went so fast I didn't even get a chance to pick one up. If you get a chance and want one, do so ASAP as they were sold out by Saturday morning at EL. 

Very windy out there. If like this on Sunday it’s going to be a tough cycle.

www.yr.no is my ‘go to’ weather site, and their forecast looks positive (but you need to be off your bike by 2:00pm, 4:00pm latest ????)

post-93137-0-02951600-1523641078_thumb.jpeg

Edit: forecast update as at 10h00 Saturday:

post-93137-0-21780600-1523706346_thumb.jpeg

Looking better ????????

Edited by amr63

Bike check ride and little leg stretch run done... off to registration and expo.

Weather improving all the time and looks like will be good for racing tomorrow... looking forward to it !!

Edit: Those of you here, if you see an older guy with a white GTN Global Triathlon Network t-shirt on... say hello :)

Edited by shaper