SLX brakeset (M7000): Mount Options

Mintman

Hey guys, sorry for yet another forum...

I'm just a bit confused about the mount options for the M7000 brakeset. The CWC website states that they come with I-spec B and I-spec II options (here).

But other sites (here, for example) clearly state: Only mountable to I-Spec II! Not compatible to I-Spec A or I-Spec B!

Bottom line is I want to integrate my right brake with my I-spec B shifter.

Do you know what integration options are provided stock standard?

Cheers :)

mail CWC online or better call them, they saying they have 2 options, but only have 1 on the drop down, best call them

mail CWC online or better call them, they saying they have 2 options, but only have 1 on the drop down, best call them

Good point. I actually ordered mine from Easybike, since it was cheaper. But I'll call CWC and see what they say. Easybike didn't seem to think it was an issue.

From the Chainreaction website :- "These levers are I-Spec II compatible only. They can only be used with Shimano 11 speed I-Spec II mtb shifters. If you are using 10 speed you will have to use a bar clamp shifter."

All new SLX M7000, XT M8000 and XTR M9000 brakes are I spec II and require an I spec II compatible shifter to integrate into the brake clamp thus taking advantage of the slim look and lower weight.

The shifters are also available in Clamp and I spec B to allow integration to older braking systems as well as other manufacturers.

Think that is a typo on the CWC site....  

Damn it. You and Peter are right. It's only I-spec II. Guess I'll have to go the bar clamp route. Sigh...

Thanks guys.

Damn it. You and Peter are right. It's only I-spec II. Guess I'll have to go the bar clamp route. Sigh...

Thanks guys.

I have a set of XT 2/3x10 shifters (bar clamp).  PM me if you are interested.

I have a set of XT 2/3x10 shifters (bar clamp).  PM me if you are interested.

Thanks Peter, I'm running 1x10 so would be interested in only rear shifter. I'm sure you want to keep them as a set.

Doesn't it seem a bit weird that by buying new XT or SLX brakes, you're pretty much committing to buying 11 speed shifters, rear derailleur, cassette, and chain?

Like this stuff isn't expensive enough. I'm sure there are more people who are happy enough with their 1x10 or 2x10 than there are people dying to upgrade.

Ay, caramba!

no its not, just accept to run the brakes and shifters separately

For sure. What threw me was that I originally wanted my LBS to replace my SRAM X9 rear derailleur and X7 shifter with Shimano XT and SLX (bcos I wanted a shorter cage + clutch).

But they didn't want to do it, simply because of the mismatch between avid brakes and Shimano shifter.

And here I am again, with a mismatch between Shimano parts. I would have been perfectly happy with a separate clamp to begin with.

Check with Evobikes if they don't perhaps have some Problem Solver Mismatch adapters that will work.

Shot Peter, I'll give them a call tom. I know they had the mismatch adaptor 2 option for integrating Shimano and Sram with one clamp. Maybe they'll know of something.

Check with Evobikes if they don't perhaps have some Problem Solver Mismatch adapters that will work.

There is no Mismatch adapters between Shimano parts available from Problem Solvers.

There is no Mismatch adapters between Shimano parts available from Problem Solvers.

Oh well...