Tour de Boland problems

Groot Lem

I don't think the tour will carry on this weekend. Will know for sure Tuesday afternoon. The prize money isn't guaranteed and the Boland exec will let the tour organisers know Tuesday after 2. Sorry, but better tell you now than at the event. Please contact me for more info and not the organisers.

new Boland chairman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for the cyclists sake something can be recovered. The vets have the PPA Superwatt 3 Day this weekend, bu it wold be nice for the Elites to have something to ride.

But then this event has had a chequered history with prizemoney outstanding from a few years ago (I know, my old team CSC is still waiting).

But, best of luck Groot Lem, hopefully you can get something organised and if not this year, hopefully sometime in the future.

And all the best as the new Chairman. I am sure you will do great things there.

Guest colonel

I spoke to Cornelia at the office and she said the rumours of it not happening are from pther organisations not wanting the tour to happen. SO I asked if the money etc will be paid out and she said it is coming from the Boland Bank so its gaurenteed.

I suppose we will have to wait and see.

If it does happen, would it be possible to only do the TT on the Friday and then the road race on the Sunday if I can't ride Saturday?

They were supposed to have a meeting at 4pm this afternoon, hopefully Groot Lem will give us some feed back later this evening or early tomorrow morning.

For the sake of the cyclists, I hope they can sort it out, so we can see the event happening.

I spoke to Cornelia at the office and she said the rumours of it not happening are from pther organisations not wanting the tour to happen. SO I asked if the money etc will be paid out and she said it is coming from the Boland Bank so its gaurenteed.

?

I suppose we will have to wait and see.

As the organisers of the PPA Superwatt Vets and Sub Vets Tour we have nothing against the Tour de Boland and as I said earlier in this thread I hope it does happen.

Let's wait for Groot Lem to let us know.

Guest colonel

Easy Francois, I wasnt mentioning you atall or PPA or whoever this is what IM being told.

why do you not create a ride for the elites this weekend, francois,

same course as outoppies, etc? (too many issues to deal with perhaps?

do u need additional money for marshalls, traffic, etc?)

Hey Colonel - not shouting at anybody, especially not you smiley1.gif If I want to take somebody on about something being said I do it by PM not in public.

Latrinus - believe me we have looked at the idea. Originally the vets tour and the Tour de Boland were going to be one event. Don't ask me what happened - I wasn't involved in the negotiations so I can't comment or say who did what.

We did hear that the Tour de Boland was to happen, hence leaving the Elites etc out. At this late stage we won't be able to help, but hopefully by next year it can all be sorted out. Esp, with Groot Lem having more of a say.

Here's hoping both Tours will take place and both will be a success

Now the Worcester people says the vets tour is cancelled! Sour grapes, or what? I asked people to contact me, only colonel did. The rest phoned the organiser. Their new deadline for guarantees is\at 20h00 tonight. It was today at 14h00. I'm just trying to look after the riders and their sponsors. CWC, LIberty, CSC, Marcello if you want the facts phone me 0837711143. Now the Worcester people wanna sue me cause I tried to warn you. By last night 18h00 their were NO prize money, TV is off, no officials, dedicated ambulance, leaders jerseys......

Colonel, my e mail didnt work.