• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just leave it.

It is going to just get dusty again.

Hehe .....

Dust on the frame is one thing .... I just cant bring myself to leave it on the drive train ....

How to clean dust of your bike: remove dust carefully, wash with mild soap, drip dry, then replace dust carefully back onto bike.

haha, just being a grammar nazi... seriously, though, I'd say wipe most of the dust off with a soft rag, then use a hose on trickle with a brush to get into all the nooks and crannies, then dry it off nicely with a dry rag.

Daai streek besproei uit die Breede Rivier, maar die rivier is jou so laag dat die water brak is. So hulle kan dit kies meer gebruik nie. (En ek vermoed hulle mag nie meer nie.)

'n 1l gif spuit bottel en 'n spuitbottel met 'n was middel (nie degreaser nie, kry iets biodegradable) bring jou baie ver.

Ek spuit my fiets af met skoon water uit gif kan. Spuit dan die seep op. Laat dit saak, gaan maak 'n grootmens koeldrank oop, kon dan terug en werk die ketting en ratte met 'n borsel (skoppie se hand besem werk lekker) en spuit dan weer als af met die water. En dan sit ek olie op die ketting.

So elke paar maande strip ek die fiets en laat die ketting en ratte in degreaser lê.

Had a nice chat with Mark (Marks Workshop) and also with the guys at CWC.

I know Mark from when he was a youngster working for Peter Allan .....  LOTS of respect for his bike knowledge !!!

BOTH shops recommend :

- NAM - Chain cleaner  (CWC has nice 5 liter containers ....)

- NAM - Bike wash (again, CWC has nice 5 liter containers)

I will take the time and do this properly .... remove the chains (jip, two bikes), wash and dry, re-lube .... clean the gear-cluster, and then clean the bike properly ....

en DAN, gaan ons Meerendal toe ....  :whistling:   :clap:   :devil:  VARS stof opsit ....

The hose pipe will actually be the best, and there's not much danger in it.

Its best to avoid high pressure washers, those are the bastards that clean out grease in bearings and ruin a bike. But since your bike will be able to handle rain, it'll handle a normal garden hose.

Its also the least abrasive and least effort solution too.

I agree with avoiding the use of high pressure washers... but what about the one below:

http://bikemob.co.za/product/azzuri-portable-washer/

Just get one of those 5 litre plunger garden spray jobbies. The nozzle is adjustable to fine spray or jet.

If my bike is not dirty I can get away with cleaning the entire bike with about 3-4 litres of water. If muddy it is around 8-9. I started using it after the restrictions we had in Gauteng late last year and am still using it now.

Apart from wasting water with the hose, I find that the ground around the area where I wash the bikes gets rediculously muddy and mushy...

I have the Chris Willemse branded one, works well, you possibly get better ones but CWC one works well for me.

Which, the "Lets pray my chain clean" one?

Blow it off with an air hose - garage has one if you don't... but clean the chain properly

tell us about your epic prologue again :devil:

Which, the "Lets pray my chain clean" one?

Nope, its the God helps those who helps themselves one. make sure you use degreaser or clean green, no need for prayer.