Kona Ti Build

Hallo Everyone

The newest project being built up. What would you do on a build like this? Full retro or combination?

Kona King Kahuna 2007/8

Parts from a 1998 Kona Kula.

Looking for the rear brake bosses if anyone has this odd size lying around. 

Any other good quality (XT/XTR) 8 speed stuff that anyone wants to donate / trade (coffee or beer) will be appreciated.

post-8603-0-22762800-1492973088_thumb.jpg

post-8603-0-12235100-1492973092_thumb.jpg

post-8603-0-57172600-1492973096_thumb.jpg

post-8603-0-12710800-1492973101_thumb.jpg

post-8603-0-08058800-1492973108_thumb.jpg

post-8603-0-18112000-1492973111_thumb.jpg

post-8603-0-86269000-1492973123_thumb.jpg

Edited by Procrates

Hallo Everyone

The newest project being built up. What would you do on a build like this? Full retro or combination?

Kona King Kahuna 2007/8

Parts from a 1998 Kona Kula.

Looking for the rear brake bosses if anyone has this odd size lying around. 

Any other good quality (XT/XTR) 8 speed stuff that anyone wants to donate / trade (coffee or beer) will be appreciated.

I have some brake bosses of old forks lying around. if you can measure the inside diameter of the threads I can see if I have something  that will fit. The size in the photo looks very close to the size of the Manitou Axle bosses I took off my gf's fork recently

well you already got the bomber fork and wheels, so that cuts out discs. BUT if it is not in good condition, then go for discs. better fork, better wheels, better brakes

i'd also look at 9spd. lots of that lying around too

The Bomber is in a really good condition and I really want to keep it for the look. Only issue is the bosses though. Will post more details / measurements soon.

• 1 month later...

Brake bosses was the issue. Figured out it was an M6 size and maybe the bosses on an old Marzocchi Dh3 I have might work. 

If all goes well she will be rolling this weekend. 

I want to do a sticker set in the late 90s look, any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

- The brake bosses on the DH3 did not work, thread is correct but it has an extended part to work with the fork. Ordered the correct bosses from Germany and should be here in about two weeks.

-Drivetrain installed and seems to be ok, will know for sure once you put power on it.

- Played around with the Marzocchi to see if I can get another 5-10 mm to increase the crown to axle to suit the frame better, I used a spring from another marzocchi and it looks like I was able to get it about 8mm higher

- The Dia-compe brakes I have is totally worn out so need to look for some V-brakes, anyone have some shimano's or avid's"lying around?

Update:

- The brake bosses on the DH3 did not work, thread is correct but it has an extended part to work with the fork. Ordered the correct bosses from Germany and should be here in about two weeks.

-Drivetrain installed and seems to be ok, will know for sure once you put power on it.

- Played around with the Marzocchi to see if I can get another 5-10 mm to increase the crown to axle to suit the frame better, I used a spring from another marzocchi and it looks like I was able to get it about 8mm higher

- The Dia-compe brakes I have is totally worn out so need to look for some V-brakes, anyone have some shimano's or avid's"lying around?

I may have a set of Avids. Will have a look and let you know. PM your number so that I can WA some pics tonight.

• 2 months later...

And? How did she come out?

PS. If you still don't have brakes why don't you go for Magura's, HS11 should work nicely.

• 3 weeks later...