Bottom Bracket Help Needed

ABrooks

Okay so little help needed

BB is poked , extreme creaking and I can feel play when I wiggle the crank arms 

According to specs I've got A PF30 ( bearings press into frame inside cups) 

Now I want to get wheels mfg BB cause normal BB's are about 800 bucks ( bloody ridiculous) and the wheels one I can just gooi new bearings ( will probs cost 400 at the most) 

Here is the issue 

The one on CWC says outboard , now my bearings sit flush inside the BB , can I use this BB from CRC and then just not just that plastic spacer or Do I just need to order the one from Wheels MFg ?

Easiest way, and what we always tell the dealers it to split it up to figure out what you need:

What standard is your frame:

PF30 / Pressfit30 (Cannondale have some of their own variations here to be careful...)

BB30 (Cannondale have some of their own variations here to be careful...)

BB86/92

BSA Threaded

BBRight

386EVO

What standard is your crankset:

PF30

BB30 (Older style with shorter spindle)

22/24mm (SRAM)

24/24mm (Shimano)

Take a look at the Wheels MFG poster to then use the matrix to figure out what you need: http://soshanger.com/WebRoot/LaPoste/Shops/box11137/MediaGallery/Pattes_derailleur/Wall_Chart_2016_BB.jpg

The first one. The other one (in the pic anyways) is an adapter for a 24mm crankset, either Shimano or GXP depending on the model.

Check model number though, the pic on the site may be wrong.

First quote R1320 incl. fitment  :wacko:

Good price that. The Enduro for my son's Giant was almost 3 big ones. But it did have those XD-15 angular contact ceramic bearings.

Edited by Moridin

Not bad including fitting.  You need a tool - in fact two tools - which are not standard BB tools.  Parktool BBT29 x 2.

Cough it up, it's worth it. From now on you can buy your BB bearings from Bearing Man.

• 1 month later...