Hip bags, fanny packs... is this a thing now?

T-Bob

Not sure who does Dakine, may still be the Billabong agency surfer boys from Jeffery's Bay. Their stuff is great though, have a camera bag that has literally been through the wars.

Evoc is now handled by Omnico, so any of their dealers.

Also take a look at the Bontrager hip bag. Nice piece of kit and well priced with Bontrager's lifetime warranty. Sprocket & Jack in Parkhurst should have stock.

Chat to Ashley, one of the mechanics. He often rides with one.

My Dakine pack is going strong after 8+ years and I have another backpack and their builders pack. Also a bunch of their clothes. I’m a total Dakine whore.

I’m heading past S&J tomorrow. Will see if they have stock.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update. Bought a Camelbak Repack LR4.

Not bad on cargo space and a 1.5l bladder should be good for 1.5 to 2 hours of riding for me if I support it with a bottle. Can fit a tubelitto, 110c OneUp pump, iPhone Max, and car keys comfortably.

Verdict so far. A boep does not work that well with their magnetic lock system for the hose. The hose is about 5cm too short. (Need to lose another 5cm around the boep).

Feels weird having something on my lower back instead of distributed weight of a backpack. Will see if it bounces around when the wheels leave the ground and the terrain gets a little rowdy.

Will test it out on a ride this weekend and return it to takealot if I really can’t stand it.

Not bad on cargo space and a 1.5l bladder should be good for 1.5 to 2 hours of riding for me if I support it with a bottle. Can fit a tubelitto, 110c OneUp pump, iPhone Max, and car keys comfortably.

Verdict so far. A boep does not work that well with their magnetic lock system for the hose. The hose is about 5cm too short. (Need to lose another 5cm around the boep).

Feels weird having something on my lower back instead of distributed weight of a backpack. Will see if it bounces around when the wheels leave the ground and the terrain gets a little rowdy.

Will test it out on a ride this weekend and return it to takealot if I really can’t stand it.

A couple of months ago I bought a second hand Camelbak Flashflo for a pretty good price....

Took a bit of getting used to and I tend to let the bag sit slightly against one hip if that makes sense so it cant bang about too much (ie not centred in the small of the back)...I found in winter it was great...no more sweaty and cold back from the Camelbak Lobo I have...I actually originally bought it for some trail walking/running but quite like it on the bike now! But I think as we head into summer I will revert back to the Lobo again....

I’ve been running this bag for a little less than a year. At first it sucked as it bounced around because I didn’t know how to use it. The straps on the front are super easy to tighten and loosen. I discovered there’s a good reason ,it’s designed like that so when you drink water the bag gets looser and obviously bounces around. Another tip, it’s a lot more comfortable sitting just above you waist bone as if it’s to low it feels restricting.

Also recently got a Camelback repack, I LOVE it, I was a little worried that the 1.5l bladder wouldn't be sufficient, but apparently I drink far less fluid now? For me at least, it is super comfortable, and doesn't bounce around, I get really hot riding, so this is awesome because it doesn't cover up my whole back, which means I don't get as hot....