Brand loyalty - what would make you change?

nox1111

Really??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes really, you walk into a shop looking to buy a bike based on that companies impact to the environment,,,?????

I hope you don't own a car

Or fly anywhere one trip on an aeroplane has more effect on the environment than all HUBBERS combined

We cycle we doing our part, as to the manufactures do you do impact studies on your electronic items,,your cars tyres,,oil from your car

Seriously environmental issues, we can only dream to understand the magnitude of what these mega businesses are doing

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If price was the only factor, we would all be on Giants.

Which gets made in China, where it's ok to eat cats. So what now?

;)

what's wrong with eating cats? As long as they are free range and from Woolies. I hear they taste like chicken. yes I ride a Giant.

what's wrong with eating cats? As long as they are free range and from Woolies. I hear they taste like chicken. yes I ride a Giant.

Can't buy from Woolies, they source ALL their food from Israel remember....

All the bikes save for the top end models are probably made in the same factory or 2 thus they are all born in the same place for the most part.

Having said that, I guess one builds an affinity with a brand over the years and one definitely builds a relationship with ones bike after hundreds of hours so much so my wife says my bike is my mistress and she is spot on.

I am a Cervelo man, have had great experiences with the brand and when then frame developed a crack, Cervelo replaced it no quibble with an upgraded model frame. That's service

I shopped around for months before I bought my Cervelo. I loved how it looked and felt when I rode it. Was a little expensive for what I wanted though. Whenever I walk passed my bike, I stop to have a second look, and wish I could take her out. I feel the same about my car even though she is now 3 years old. 

Having said that, if I find a Colnago, Pinarello or Canyon that I can afford/buy without the hubby killing me, I would probably buy those brands too. 

Edited by EmJayZA

Who are the distributors of Cervelo?

Great bike, but it just doesn't put its hand down my pants and gives a tickle. R series is kinda sexy, but the S looks like function over form a bit.

I do have some loyalty to shimano products...its just very consistent, and do like my Santa Cruz, but i wont mind a Yeti either.

My priorities are ranked as follows

1) Performance / Functionality

2)Support / service

3)Value

I grew up as an Isuzu fan. We only had Isuzu in our driveway.

Then it became time for me to buy a new bakkie, I picked up a Ford at a bargain and gave it a go.

Now after 3 years of ownership I will go to Ford first. And my father now also drive Ford.

Driving factors was the higher tow rating and tow safety features of the Ford, the auto gearbox at a better price point, but mainly the excellent service I get from the agents swung it to me.

The same with buying a bike. The Trance won out as it suited what I wanted, but also because I could get my size. Another brand took a week to reply to my lbs on their availability of my size, by that time I had already bought the Trance. Missed opportunity.