[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2017

Frosty

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Gerald and GW for a well run race, I did the double, Saturday was cold and thank you for the prize after the race, now to find that photo ????. Started in EL stayed with the main bunch till 50kms, then got dropped, and joined the Fl bunch that came by. Overall an enjoyable weekend hoping to be back next year.

Well done Gerald and GW for a well run race, I did the double, Saturday was cold and thank you for the prize after the race, now to find that photo . Started in EL stayed with the main bunch till 50kms, then got dropped, and joined the Fl bunch that came by. Overall an enjoyable weekend hoping to be back next year.

Which photo? Prize giving or lucky draw?

Check the Instagram feed for the event.

Edited by Frosty

I would like to thank JL2366(did not get his name), I got dropped from the main bunch before Heidelberg, He then dragged us(and his girlfriend) along picking up guys along the way, sorry I could not help more, got dropped again around 85k

My 1500 Vitality points have already come through

The only problem in the B bunch was the marshall deciding to stop his motorbike to the right of the white line, a few guys almost rode straight into him.

No interference from the 65km bunches as they nowhere to be seen for some reason.

not arguing it is a bit shocking for the guys at the back that behaved and couldn't see. but they told us do not cross to the other side, and we at certain instance did not do it for no reasons either than everyone want to get up front. so the marshal did what he could. that was for our safety.

i am still really thankful that this event is always well organized, safe and a standard to be judged upon. thanks to the organizers and marshals.

I would like to thank JL2366(did not get his name), I got dropped from the main bunch before Heidelberg, He then dragged us(and his girlfriend) along picking up guys along the way, sorry I could not help more, got dropped again around 85k

Lol I was behind you guys but not on your streamline, the lady looked super tired and the wind wasn't making it easier

Mostly sensible riding in AL. 

The mess at the start (from "2 minutes to race time" to "7 minutes to race time" to "10 seconds" within a few minutes) could've been handled way better. I'm guessing that caused the absence of bike marshals from 10km mark to after 20km?

Got dropped with a handful of others at the ±80km turn which cost us 3 minutes.

Marshalling and road-markings both great.

Congrats, as always, to Gerald and the rest of the Germiston Wheelers crew! 

World-class organisation. 

I don't think this year can be compared with 947, there was hardly any wind PB for me!

So I cant use it to judge the possibility of a sub 3 94.7?

The organisation of this event was superb! I liked the fact that there were cones to protect riders when warming up on the road from the robot to the start. I've noticed that as I get fitter and older I take longer to get warm.

Well done on an awesome race Gerald and team :thumbup:

Had a lekker race in BL, just a bit bleak that guys weren't helping the break along (but tbh, no surprises there). Got caught again by the main bunch and then just cruised in with them. New PB at the race, so I'm stoked!

My 1500 Vitality points have already come through

The only problem in the B bunch was the marshall deciding to stop his motorbike to the right of the white line, a few guys almost rode straight into him.

No interference from the 65km bunches as they nowhere to be seen for some reason.

Must of been my lucky day, I just missed the motorbike twice . One had stalled and the other had stopped, earlier rode over a dropped bottle .

The guys at the front where pulling hard. Myself and a few others (15 or so) got dropped at the right turn by the four way stop and we had to push hard to get back on. The group was large until the end .

Edited by Pikey

So at the prize giving I saw that there were 2 donations made to charities. R100k and R75k. Now that's not small money. Then we somehow managed a 3rd spot and all our winnings goes to my toppie because he is my cash cow and pays for all entries and bike spares etc etc so I didn't actually know how much we won, He has just told me now. Without giving out figures I can say that for a 3rd spot here we got more than a win at satellite(same category). Now that is generous!!!!!

Scroll down below the Durbie Dash results, and you’ll find the MTB results - they’ve been used since 13:00.

d713dc65f32356040f341833ae237028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried that......no joy! All I get is..................................................................................................

Results For: Sat 28/10/2017 Carnival City Macsteel National Classic MTB Race 2017 (34km)

Sorry, no results found or available at the moment.

not arguing it is a bit shocking for the guys at the back that behaved and couldn't see. but they told us do not cross to the other side, and we at certain instance did not do it for no reasons either than everyone want to get up front. so the marshal did what he could. that was for our safety.

i am still really thankful that this event is always well organized, safe and a standard to be judged upon. thanks to the organizers and marshals.

In some races the marshals still tell the bunch to keep left, this marshal said nothing, just parked his bike to the right of the line. He got sworn from a few riders, was very unpopular after that.

The problem I have with guys crossing over the line is that when a car comes they move left and squeeze back into the bunch and often it's some poor guy who's riding on the left that gets taken out.

Heard that one of the Vets bunch were completely in the right lane (because of the wind) and the cars were overtaking them on the left side of the road. 

Only been cycling for just short of 2 years now...... done most of the races around.... Gerald, to you and your team one of the best organised races around.... road markings were spot on, marshalling very visible, finish / start perfect. Thanks you for organizing an amazing race..... much appreciated..... AL guys, lekker bunch, well behaved...... it does sometimes get somewhat "twitchy" here... but okes were mellow despite the wind... some nice loud shouts / heads up when needed... thanks guys... will as always be back again.... Big shout out to the team in the food tent.... good way to finish the day off  :clap:  .......