MTB Hilton

zuludog

I will be attending a workshop in Hilton during June - staying at the Protea Hotel. Are there nice trails to ride from the hotel ? are they safe to ride alone? worthwhile to bring my bike from Jhb?

Hi, yes some very nice trails to ride from, you just need to cross the road.  I ride and run those trails alone  and havent felt worried but not advisable to ride on the Cedara side alone.  

thank you !

I have never been there - could you give me some basic directions from hotel entry? much obliged.

just turn right past the hospital and at the church you will find some entry into trails. It helps to have someone who knows the area as they are a bit all over the place and there has been recent felling

post-7169-0-95555300-1494323718_thumb.jpg

When are you here, perhaps I could meet you and show you? There are plenty peeps that ride the trails here.

The easiest is to turn right onto Hilton Avenue from the entrance, ride across the N3, past Grace College and the hospital and you can enter the trees either left or right off Hilton Avenue, about 1km max from Hilton Hotel entrance.

A short drive to Howick and you have awesome cycling around Karkloof Falls. Google Howick MTB and you'll find details. It's superb - take your bike. I am not sure about directly in Hilton itself. There is lots of forestry in that area so I'd guess there must be some cycling available. Not sure if you can ride at Hilton College which isn't too far.

Oh and there's Cascades down the road in PMB too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk