"Arrived in country / non EU presented to customs"...how long is wait?

Spock

What pi**es me off is that they state on their website they use DHL. That's the reason why I ordered from them. If I knew there is a possibility that our Post Office may become involved I would never have placed the order. I really hope I don't have to wait 2 months :-(

I mistakenly once used DHL to a PO Box, and that was a mess (stated I needed shipping address same as billing). From now on, I use office delivery address and forget the billing address thing.

Give the Post Office a shout - in CT it's Capemail, not sure what the Jozi one is called. If it's with them you can often speed up the process by collecting yourself.

I was actually just wondering about that...I gave my home address as the delivery address, which is different from my postal address. Will SAPO deliver to my home or will I receive a notification that it's ready for collection somewhere?

In any event, will look for Capemail equivalent in JHB - maybe someone on the HUB knows? 

I was actually just wondering about that...I gave my home address as the delivery address, which is different from my postal address. Will SAPO deliver to my home or will I receive a notification that it's ready for collection somewhere?

In any event, will look for Capemail equivalent in JHB - maybe someone on the HUB knows? 

JIMS, and they're closed to the public as of last year. 

Mate of mine sent a mate of his to check up on a DB inline coil that's sitting there... 

they'll pop a note in your post box at home, as that's the delivery address. I generally don't wait for that to happen and go to your local PO as soon as there's a note on the tracking page to say it's gone there. 

Hope they were very cheap.Import and taxes on shoes is high :whistling:

Ja I know but the model I wanted (Giro High Volume) is not available locally so had to order from Evans. Luckily was on special so total cost won't be too hectic.

they'll pop a note in your post box at home, as that's the delivery address. I generally don't wait for that to happen and go to your local PO as soon as there's a note on the tracking page to say it's gone there. 

Stupid question: how do I know which is my local PO?  There's quite a number of them in my area  

• 5 months later...

I've just had to order something from the UK that can only get shipped via Royal Mail. I know this goes to SAPO, but I cannot find a way to tack the parcel here. I've always used trackmyparcel.co.za but that's not working. Some help with another site please!

Hi all

I ordered shoes from Evans, 

Thanks

There is your problem.

The Poskantoor is just giving you time to get your second mortgage and trauma counselling in place needed for when you see the import duty bill.

Prepare for a shock.

I've just had to order something from the UK that can only get shipped via Royal Mail. I know this goes to SAPO, but I cannot find a way to tack the parcel here. I've always used trackmyparcel.co.za but that's not working. Some help with another site please!

Expect to wait months with SAPO (I have heard up to 4 months).  I ordered from Germany on 8 August and the only option was by local mail which will eventually be SAPO.  The parcel arrived in SA on 11 September.  I tracked it using the second link LWB posted above.  It eventually got registered locally which I can follow on parceltrack on 4 October and eventually went to customs yesterday.  I expect I will likely get the parcel in 2 weeks... which will be in the region of 11 weeks since it was originally shipped!!

Edited by shaper

Really grates my gears, this lethargic and inconsistent service from SAPO. Thanks for the links LWB, really appreciated. Now the waiting game starts.......

Anyone have any idea what this means- as even the SAPO can't tell me, or find my parcel. 

I'm guessing I have to go collect in Cape Town- though it's meant to be delivered- but don't see much point if they cant even find it!?!? -only been 3 months now from EU.

2017-09-21 06:38

CAPETOWN A AIR PRIORITY LETTER, Receive item at location

You must see the amount of parcels that come through Cape mail alone on a daily basis. I can only imagine what the exchange in Joberg looks like. It kinda makes sense why they take so long when they either - Dnt have enough staff

- Majority of staff dont give a damn about how fast or how slow they work

I have found SAPO to be extremely reliable and consistent. You just need tons of patience for international items. Remember there is a long clearing process which also involves SARS and who knows how many other departments

Local parcels are way easy.