Garmin Fenix 5

AllAboutRides

GARMIN FENIX 5

So who else got them self's a FENIX 5???

Share your thoughts / input and tips here!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the watch... Easy to wear with professional work attire as it is not as big as the F3...

One issue though is the weak Bluetooth signal to phone. I see its a worldwide issue that it looses signal if I just walk a few meters away.

Hopefully it will be fixed with an update

Also have the same view. Had the fenix 3 for over a year and was great. Loving the new 5 though, only thing is I could be in another room in the house and still get notifications on my watch, however not the same with the fenix 5. But all in all don't regret It one bit

Really worth the upgrade!

Can you elaborate? Really keen to hear about people's experience with the watch, and what makes it worth the upgrade from Fenix 3?

Can you elaborate? Really keen to hear about people's experience with the watch, and what makes it worth the upgrade from Fenix 3?

i have a five x

I upgraded from a three.

I think that the actual mapping and topographical maps are amazing. Really handy with hiking.

I also like the built in heart rate.

I don't know if I would have upgraded from a 3hr.

i have a five x

I upgraded from a three.

I think that the actual mapping and topographical maps are amazing. Really handy with hiking.

I also like the built in heart rate.

I don't know if I would have upgraded from a 3hr.

I had a 3, until a truck ran over it  :blush:  and then insurance replaced with a 3HR - so was also thinking along those line, worth the upgrade from 3, but not 3HR. 

The mapping sounds pretty awesome though, especially if it is something you are going to use often. I think the 3 is quite lacking in that department!

For me it picks up the GPS signal very fast and is much more accurate as well.

I still rely on the HR strap while training for more accurate HR readings.

Mapping on the 5x very cool extra feature.

Kudos to Navworld today

Fenix 5 went crazy on this mornings run. Screen started flashing and all white pixels went black and wherever there was white, there was flashing...

Crazy

Swoped it out without any proof just to keep their customers happy

They really are a great bunch of people and always very keen to assist

Wife's Fenix 5s has developed some weird pitting marks on the glass face. I have escalated to Garmin who have asked to see the unit.

Having played with a fenix 5 a few hours and did a ride...and coming from a 3, im a bit underwhelmed...

mostly the same as the 3 bar the below.

Slightly and hardly noticeable increase in speed of the UI.

Slightly and hardly noticeable increase in screen resolution.

Few software tweaks that are cool such as the shortcut menu, alarms, performance condition menu.

Optical HR just as junk as 3HR

Like the fact that i can bluetooth sensors.

But the biggest difference to me is actually a negative... its size. Feels much smaller than my 3, band feels like a ladies band and screen is noticeably smaller.

This is a normal 5, so il probably stick to the 3 or if i get a 5x cheap try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. So um. It turns out it was oil splatters from cooking stuck on the watch. I cleaned it and now it's fine. My wife told me she cleaned it but her definition of clean and my definition of clean are obviously very different.

Tsk tsk