[Event] The 36ONE MTB Challenge 2018

Tanya De Abreu Fernandes

I am in the same boat as you are - now you have got me thinking...

you know you want to

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3802707/repeatedly-push-like-button-o.gif

http://bestanimations.com/Balls&Buttons/Buttons/shakira-pressing-button-funny-animated-gif.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO! SO! SO!

7.5 months (239 days to go!)

Riding, training, some racing planned before then.

Still long way off to have a "lead up to" training plan or am I wrong?

What all you guys getting up to before then?

SO! SO! SO!

7.5 months (239 days to go!)

Riding, training, some racing planned before then.

Still long way off to have a "lead up to" training plan or am I wrong?

What all you guys getting up to before then?

Just done the Trans Baviaans then doing the K2C, after that it's Road Season again with a bit of MTB in between. On a Saturday I ride out to the Road Race, then race and ride back, so that gives me quality miles...and that's how I mix it up..works for me.

It will be my first one and I reckon consistency is key...just keep ticking over from here, similar to what GAP is doing.

Also did Trans(rode both weekends just to see how the body goes) and learnt some valuable lessons on what my body and specifically wonky knees do when loaded. 

• 1 month later...

Good day all,

I have buckled under the pressure and decided to enter the 2018 360one challenge. This will be my first one, but have done a couple of Transbaviaans', K2C's etc. I was contemplating maybe hitting it on my XTC as the Anthem is quite a bit heavier and has more components that can break, but then again think my body might take less of a hammering on the dualie.

As I don't know the terrain, I would love some views from people who has completed it.

• 1 month later...

AND! howz all the training coming along?  :whistling:

Just short of 5 months away.......................................roughly 23 weekends..... :eek:

need to finish HAB first and then the long hot rides will start.

Just short of 5 months away.......................................roughly 23 weekends..... :eek:

What a rude awakening.....How is yours coming along? 

I'll be there agan next year. Last one I did was a bad experience. Two days after the race i was diagnosed with "pampoentjies".

I will not recommend anybody to try doing it if you are not 100% healthy.

Tore my quads off my pelvis so .... What is training again going to have to ride like hell when healed up again otherwise 361 will become 36none

What a rude awakening.....How is yours coming along? 

just about done with three weeks of base training after taking some time out. The weekend big miles are about to kick in............... :)

Tore my quads off my pelvis so .... What is training again going to have to ride like hell when healed up again otherwise 361 will become 36none

Hope you get to heal soon......

Good day all,

I have buckled under the pressure and decided to enter the 2018 360one challenge. This will be my first one, but have done a couple of Transbaviaans', K2C's etc. I was contemplating maybe hitting it on my XTC as the Anthem is quite a bit heavier and has more components that can break, but then again think my body might take less of a hammering on the dualie.

As I don't know the terrain, I would love some views from people who has completed it.

its rof & corrugated, if you have a dual suspension why must you torture yourself with anything else. Already In the first 10kms of the 361kms tears of joy will be rolling down your face because you decided to ride the Anthem. Edited by milky4130

Good day all,

Last year's road conditions weren't too bad, but a dual will definitely be a better choice. The whole thing is mostly on provincial/local gravel roads with long climbs and downhills. 

The obvious issue is Rooiberg and at what time you go over it, but you can pace yourself to the top. The descent on the other side might be a bit sketchy, depending on the rainfall in the weeks prior to the race. The "rolling hills" after Calitzdorp can also be real killers in the heat with 280km in your legs.

At least the last 10km into Oudtshoorn is on tar...