Telkom sattelite classic

JaXi

Does anyone have access to a route profile for the this, all i can find is a route map..

Thank you

In 'n oomblik van waansin het ek die resies ge-enter . Sal ek dit eerder op my dikwiel probeer of moet ek maar iewers 'n pad fiets gaan bedel ?

hey DR..ek was so mal om vir die road race en die mtb in te skryf.

gaan jy nie Alpine heath ry nie?

Thanx for the profile, Bateleur, it looks a lot tamer than the profile from supercycling.. only 900m ascent, thats not TOO bad.

Thanx for the profile' date=' Bateleur, it looks a lot tamer than the profile from supercycling.. only 900m ascent, thats not TOO bad.[/quote']

900M ascent?  this cant be right?  (about the same as the Harties & Cresta rides)
Dr. Seuss2006-10-11 02:57:13

Dr. Seuss that 900M ascent is on Hekpoort alone... WinkTongue work it out, 3km's at 900m gives you a ave gradient of 30%... enjoy!

Hekpoort is tough, but the worst part of it is the traffic that you might hit. Last year I started a little to the back and we meet up with the shorter race on Hekpoort, cars trying to go down from the front, that was actually worse than the climb. Don't forget the little climbs after Hekpoort.

The main part of Hekpoort (after Bateleur's Polar graph) is 6.8%; 2.65km; 180m ascent.

Including the long gentle climb before and the bump after the top it is +- 8km with +- 290m ascent

Dr. Seuss that 900M ascent is on Hekpoort alone... WinkTongue work it out' date=' 3km's at 900m gives you a ave gradient of 30%... enjoy![/quote']

cant be too bad - have not been up there for years,  so in prep i will only be drinking lipton green tea ice tea for the following 2 weeks.  that should make me drop at least 3 - 4kg's so me & bike will be less than 70kg in total - i should fly up there!

Does look like a nice easy race with a few false flats in between . Looks like ideal race to do on my MTB .

Does look like a nice easy race with a few false flats in between . Looks like ideal race to do on my MTB .

Should be fun to see you there on a fs mtb.

I'll be there... entered online and will fly up from CPT to see what up country racing is all about.

It's not huge though? I checked the results for last year and not many people did this race... Why?

_Daemon after looking at the profile I am thinking of using my road bike !!!

Bertus When I entered there was close to 2000 entries for the 107km . I think it is fairly big .

Is the start and finish at the same place ?