2017 UCI MTB World Cup XCO

LONE TWO

Wonder if he will crossover to DH once he has won everything xco and xcm.... would be interesting to see how he would do

Would probably beat everyone except Minnaar. So once Greg retires he can do DH and be king there.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Long Wheel Base

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if he will crossover to DH once he has won everything xco and xcm.... would be interesting to see how he would do

I'd be very surprised if he'd even qualify for finals.

whats the relevance of that - comparing a middle of the field downhiller with the worlds best XC rider on a XC downhill section. lets see:

a. troy/greg/gwinn/danny on same sections

b. nino on the dh course

Cool, so now that you've proven that Nino is better at XCO racing than Marc Beaumont, where's the video of him going down the DH track?

whats the relevance of that - comparing a middle of the field downhiller with the worlds best XC rider on a XC downhill section. lets see:

a. troy/greg/gwinn/danny on same sections

b. nino on the dh course

Just with reference on Nicoboshoff comment will he even qualify for finals , 

I think yes he will qualify for finals ,

do i think he will beat the top guys no 

Edited by pellieg

conjecture

kənˈdʒɛktʃə/

noun

1. 1.

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

"conjectures about the newcomer were many and varied"

synonyms: guessspeculationsurmisefancynotionbeliefsuspicionpresumptionassumptiontheoryhypothesis, postulation, suppositionMore

verb

1. 1.

form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.

"many conjectured that she had a second husband in mind"

synonyms: guessspeculatesurmiseinferfancyimaginebelievethinksuspectpresumeassumehypothesize, take as a hypothesis, theorize, form/formulate a theory, suppose

"I conjectured that the game was about to end"

Edited by Johnathan Cavalier DeTempê

Just with reference on Nicoboshoff comment will he even qualify for finals , 

I think yes he will qualify for finals ,

do i think he will beat the top guys no 

I disagree

Danny MCaskill is way more technically capable than nino and even he said that there is no ways in hell he would even try compete against those guys. 

Maybe after a season  or two of prepping..but not immediately.

likelihood

ˈlʌɪklɪhʊd/

noun

1. the state or fact of something's being likely; probability.

"young people who can see no likelihood of finding employment"

synonyms:

probabilitychanceprospectpossibility, likeliness, oddsfeasibilityplausibility, conceivability; 

riskthreathazarddangerfearperilliability

hopeopportunitypromise

"solicitors also fear that the changes could increase the likelihood of a miscarriage of justice"

I disagree

Danny MCaskill is way more technically capable than nino and even he said that there is no ways in hell he would even try compete against those guys. 

Maybe after a season  or two of prepping..but not immediately.

Danny Macaskil is a trick rider, yes very very technical and much better at making videos about riding down a trail than Nino, 

I reckon Marc did farkin well an oke on a borrowed hardtail with 1 practice lap! Nino was on a custom made duallie and has ridden at least 400,000 laps of that track.

The difference in speed entering the downhills was insane.

Ultimately though this little test is a show piece and in no way answers the "can Nino do well at DH" qiestion.

I reckon Marc did farkin well an oke on a borrowed hardtail with 1 practice lap! Nino was on a custom made duallie and has ridden at least 400,000 laps of that track.

The difference in speed entering the downhills was insane.

Ultimately though this little test is a show piece and in no way answers the "can Nino do well at DH" qiestion.

Nothing GMBN does is scientific