Cycling South Africa’s Mountain Bike Commission has great pleasure in announcing that the following riders have been selected to represent South Africa at the 2017 UCI Mountain Bike Marathon World Championships in Singen, Germany, from 24-25 June.

Click here to view the article

Why is Alan not on there ? Who won it last year ?

Not really his focus I would guess while the xco season is in full swing.

Not really his focus I would guess while the xco season is in full swing.

I completely agree but still his goals should not reflect in the commission's picks , I mean he must out rank the other riders ( no disrespect to them , they're all amazing riders) my miles in terms of UCI points 

I completely agree but still his goals should not reflect in the commission's picks , I mean he must out rank the other riders ( no disrespect to them , they're all amazing riders) my miles in terms of UCI points

did he even participate at SA marathon champs?

did he even participate at SA marathon champs?

No he didnt.. Alan was at the XCO World Series .. placed 6th

Sithembiso Masanga. who is this and how many races has he won?

Sithembiso is an experienced racer, having been with the Change a Life team for several years. 

Familiar face at the larger KZN events and no stranger to the podium

Sithembiso Masanga. who is this and how many races has he won?

Did well at munga last year.

No he didnt.. Alan was at the XCO World Series .. placed 6th

my personal view if he wasn't at SA marathon champs then he couldn't really qualify for world marathon champs, there is a couple of riders who I think should be on that list that aren't (including Alan) but if they don't show up for SA marathon champs then CSA can't really select them for worlds. But yet again maybe marathon racing isn't Alan's focus at the moment.

The team looks good and I think they are our best riders. Never heard of Sithembiso though.

Good luck to all of them!