[Event] Stellenbosch Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

2 x 500ml bottles for me and a few steamed potatoes on the 75km and refueled on the last WP. Honestly, you can get away with one bottle, there is sufficient water points to fill up the bottles if you not racing for podium

Hell yeah!!! What kind of pansies have MTB rides become? 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 x 500ml bottles for me and a few steamed potatoes on the 75km and refueled on the last WP. Honestly, you can get away with one bottle, there is sufficient water points to fill up the bottles if you not racing for podium

Someone who gets it.  :clap:

wow & to think on the 75km I was basically begging in my mind for the organizer to stop with the single track, so unfair towards the other distance-routes.

Haha. You okes. And there I was riding my dual suss (so not a "real" bike) on the 40km (so no single track for me), munching my energy bar (not required but didn't litter though), sipping from my 2litre Camelbak (two words apparently) and stopping at the water points. Even through all this i somehow managed to enjoy the ride too.

Haha. You okes. And there I was riding my dual suss (so not a "real" bike) on the 40km (so no single track for me), munching my energy bar (not required but didn't litter though), sipping from my 2litre Camelbak (two words apparently) and stopping at the water points. Even through all this i somehow managed to enjoy the ride too.

Don't get confused between a Camel's Back and an Energy-bra.

But who would actually need energy gel on these rides? Even on the shortish 75km I just took two water bottles and that was enough. 

How long did it take you to finish the 75km?

If a rider goes all out from start to finish a gel or two would come in handy. If you cruise around and smell the flowers you don't need anything.