Sunninghill/Kyalami

MatBlack

Hi all,

Recently started taking my MTBing more seriously. Entering races and riding a few times a week.

In the spirit of riding growth and fun, im looking to join or start a mtb group in the sunninghill/kyalami area, with the idea of meeting often to ride and support one another.

Skill set is in the intermediate area.

If you are interested or know of any clubs or groups in the area.

Please let me know.

Kind regards

Mat

Edited by MatBlack

Hi Mat

I am in the Kyalami area (area between Vorna Valley and Kyalami Hills, opposite Waterfall).

Regarding riding, at the moment I'm as active as a dead moose. Winter cold, and a nack for catching a cold like a pro, is getting the better of me. We do however ride every odd weekend and travel a bit to get a diversity of areas, including BRB, Northern Farms, Buffelsdrift etc.

PM me your number then I'll send you a message when we go ride again, probably next weekend, I'm away for this weekend.

Regards

L

A mtb group rides tuesday and thursday morning 5pm sharp from Carlswald lifestyle estate N gate.

I love this thread! We are in Beaulieu and always struggling to find people to train with. Road and MTB.

Also, I work in Bedfordview and wonder if anyone is interested to commute in that direction from Kyalami or somewhere in-between a few times a week?

Edited by Sydd

Go and support the Beaulieu event (www.bps-mtb.co.za) this weekend and see some of the areas that you can ride in.

I often ride from Lonehill to Northern Farms as well for a good spin.

Hi guys, I am based in Kyalami Estate and would like to meet up for rides.

Didnt know you riding again...how is the legs doing after your op?

Didnt know you riding again...how is the legs doing after your op?

Legs are finally ok. Need to build them up again and get the fitness back. Also need to lose weight. Ended up going under the knife again as the one wound got infected.

I am also in the area.... Sunninghill Gardens.

Looking for MTB and Road, whatever is going! 

Interested in the bedfordview commute - new to JHB so dont know which way you would go?

I work in Kensington

Legs are finally ok. Need to build them up again and get the fitness back. Also need to lose weight. Ended up going under the knife again as the one wound got infected.

Oi.

Glad that you are all better now

I am also in the area.... Sunninghill Gardens.

Looking for MTB and Road, whatever is going! 

Interested in the bedfordview commute - new to JHB so dont know which way you would go?

I work in Kensington

If I have company then I ride Alandale, right through Kempton park briefly and then onto Modderfontein Road, past Edenvale hospital and then left towards Bedfordview. You'd basically just keep going and would be in Kensington. My working hours are pretty flexible so could ride at whichever time you need to head in that direction.

Crikey all I see on the hub is people with 'flexible' hours.... I am a teacher so none of that!

If I have company then I ride Alandale, right through Kempton park briefly and then onto Modderfontein Road, past Edenvale hospital and then left towards Bedfordview. You'd basically just keep going and would be in Kensington. My working hours are pretty flexible so could ride at whichever time you need to head in that direction.

Am new to the area too, looking for local riding trails!

The old 94.7 Mtb trail run in these parts do any of u have a route? Would be interested in local rides, already know where BRB and NF are.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

Recently purchased a road bike and I am new to cycling.

Not sure if this is the forum to post, so if not, please forgive me :oops: 

I live in Sunninghill, and would like to ride early on Saturday or Sunday Mornings preferably in Sunninghill/Barbecue Downs, Waterfall or Paulshoff 

1) Please can I have some tips on how to become a balanced and more confident rider

2) Are there any riders, groups or clubs that I may join or would be interested to ride with me to help with the above.

Any assistance or guidance will be welcomed

Thanks in Advance

• 11 months later...

A mtb group rides tuesday and thursday morning 5pm sharp from Carlswald lifestyle estate N gate.

Hey guys,

Does this group still go out from Carlswald lifestyle estate? Will be keen to join.

rgds

Hey guys,

Does this group still go out from Carlswald lifestyle estate? Will be keen to join.

rgds

Have a look in the thread just below this one, it might help...?