Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

Zakarin extends with Katusha for two more years.

Kristoff has option to stay, but needs a pay cut from 2M Euro to 1.7M Euro

Kristoff has declined the offer to stay at Katusha for a reduced salary.

A lot of rumours floating about that he's going to UAE, which is strange as they also just signed Viviani. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of rumours floating about that he's going to UAE, which is strange as they also just signed Viviani.

Very strange indeed.. also is the rumour of Kittel going to Katusha still doing the rounds.. ?

And any further info on Oss to Bora..the papers seem to believe it is a done deal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Very strange indeed.. also is the rumour of Kittel going to Katusha still doing the rounds.. ?

And any further info on Oss to Bora..the papers seem to believe it is a done deal.

I think Oss is a done deal yes.

Still waiting for the Kittel announcement. I sure hope he stays at Quick step.

Katusha will offer him something ridiculous but the team lacks the unity and respect that QS has.

I think Oss is a done deal yes.

Still waiting for the Kittel announcement. I sure hope he stays at Quick step.

Katusha will offer him something ridiculous but the team lacks the unity and respect that QS has.

For sure I can't understand why he would want to leave QS he just won what 5 stages with them..and didn't even finish the tour... no ways he will get the same support at Katusha. And they are known to not be able to manage 2 different objectives. (Kristoff vs Purito issues)

Commentators were saying the UAE team were getting a huge budget increase. That might explain why a lot of riders will be tempted for that switch.

2M euro for an oke that gets beaten by his lead out man. Even 1.7 is generous.

Wonder if Louis on a Cervelo will help his time trial?  :thumbup:

He'll need a team around him. DD can't offer that at the moment. 

Then he's gonna have no team around him, but I'm sure they thought that through before. In any case he didn't have a team around him from UAE.

UAE are only interested in stage wins. That's why they allowed Attapuma free reign the last week of the tour when he could have actually assisted Louis as he clearly had good legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kitty Kat from QS to Katusha - makes sense with the hair thing Kitty has going for himself (Alpecin are co sponsors of Katusha).

I also think that Gaviria has a much bigger future ahead of him than Kitty (and agree that he's far more versatile than Kitty - Matthews and Sagan will have *** on their hands next year if Gaviria goes to the TDF).

And Gaviria has potential to be a great Classics rider a la Tom Boonen.

Edited by Grogs

This is Ryder's chance to build a GC team for Louis to have the first African on the podium.

I would really like to see Meintjes at DD.

I would replace the weak Italian sprinter and the old takkie American sprinter/leadout/whatever with two riders, that could assist Meintjes in Grand Tours. Maybe been a bit bias but give guys like Willie and Brandon an opportuninity. Yes I know the level in Europe is a few steps up but I'll personally rather see these two guys riding on the front of a race.

Commentators were saying the UAE team were getting a huge budget increase. 

Hopefully they will be able afford a decently designed jersey and a team that makes some sense rather than a collection of WT points! 

Will be interesting to see Gaviria vs Kittel vs Cav' vs everyone else and Gaviria vs Sagan at the TDF. Pretty sure that QS see a more versatile rider and result in Gaviria especially as they're whole season is marked as a success or a failure with what happens in the classics. Also I wonder in Dan Martin is going to keep with QS or look for a team that can support him in an attempt at a podium in a grand tour. 

UAE are only interested in stage wins. That's why they allowed Attapuma free reign the last week of the tour when he could have actually assisted Louis as he clearly had good legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm guessing the knew where Louis has signed for next year.