Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

I did yes with regards to Matt and so did Jeroen but its not what people seem to think when all of sudden I get this influx of CV's from riders, parents etc etc expecting me to sort them a ride or tell me they will happily be coached by me if I can organise them a ride. Honestly I feel insulted and that some are delusional.

It was actually all his own doing. I was asked "Tell me about your MTB boys" by the owner of the team earlier in the year relation to Matt and Alan so their results drew interest all on their own but also I realized my IG account was being possibly stalked so I had to pay attention to that.

There was a series of tests and and and that had to be submitted to the team and from that Matt was offered this opportunity where Alan is caught up in his XC aspirations and goals. So if the data didn't warrant this he wouldnt be flying out on Saturday.

What happens from here with Matt I have no idea. It will now be up to him and the team to see whatever the way forward is after this.

Matt is a fantastic talent and I am sure that he'll make the most of the opportunity. Ditto for Alan and his XC aspirations. Just stoked for the both of them that they are getting their chance to show their worth on the international stage.

As for the guys/girls/parents expecting you to help them out in that fashion is a bit of backhanded compliment (very weird perhaps) to the influence they assume you have. That said you and Jeroen clearly know what you're doing given the success your athletes have had and the opportunities that it has opened up for some them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt is a fantastic talent and I am sure that he'll make the most of the opportunity. Ditto for Alan and his XC aspirations. Just stoked for the both of them that they are getting their chance to show their worth on the international stage.

As for the guys/girls/parents expecting you to help them out in that fashion is a bit of backhanded compliment (very weird perhaps) to the influence they assume you have. That said you and Jeroen clearly know what you're doing given the success your athletes have had and the opportunities that it has opened up for some them.

Thanks and yes I agree and understand what you say. But I'm not of the nature to influence or put my name on the line if I don't think he or she has what it takes at a certain level and/or if data and everything else shows that also. Im not putting anyone forward if I dont believe they have what it takes. Same will go for Jeroen. 

I'm very happy for Matt as I thought he's got something. I just hope young rider's "racing personality" doesn't get changed too much by management expecting them to race more conservatively than the way in which they got their success. Cycling and sponsors also needs more natural type racers, almost without radios in the ears. Luckily he didnt sign as a Froome domestique ;)

Thanks and yes I agree and understand what you say. But I'm not of the nature to influence or put my name on the line if I don't think he or she has what it takes at a certain level and/or if data and everything else shows that also. Im not putting anyone forward if I dont believe they have what it takes. Same will go for Jeroen. 

And THIS is exactly the reason they they trust your word - keep staying true to yourself...

#welldone #goodonyou

I'm very happy for Matt as I thought he's got something. I just hope young rider's "racing personality" doesn't get changed too much by management expecting them to race more conservatively than the way in which they got their success. Cycling and sponsors also needs more natural type racers, almost without radios in the ears. Luckily he didnt sign as a Froome domestique ;)

Good attitude when you arrive goes a long way  ... look at Ergan

No fan of Sam

Not his biggest fan either but I'll really like to see him come back and compete at the top to make things even more exciting.

Viviani at Gazzetta to his transfer to Cofidis: "We went long (with the renewal negotiations). Not us. Then Alaphilippe signed and things changed. I am just sorry that who will take my place will find Morkov"

whats all the Sam hate about? the oke projects an interesting persona but its not like y'all played marbles together and lost. Would love to have him back on the XCO circuit and see how he fares against the current pack leaders. The more the merrier

What a possible awesome matchup next year for the dirt riders on the road. Sam, MVDP, WVA and others. 

As a stagiaire, he probably won't be racing the big races. I don't like him at all but will give credit where it is due and agree with you, it will be one hell of a race putting all those guys up against each other in a classic. It's good for cycling but he is still a tjop imho.