Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Schleck told George and Lance on their podcast that Porte was going back

Interesting indeed.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ag2r-citroen-team-to-ride-bmc-for-2021/?fbclid=IwAR2k0SC7IR46lVn1QluOSHHEKl7wmG-JV3m7StIKe46dScftliB0zbv3DLE 

"The French team will be on Swiss bikes from next season, as BMC affirms its role as equipment sponsor until 2023

Elsewhere in the continual merry go round of teams and their equipment sponsors, Jumbo-Visma will be moving away from Bianchi bikes in favour of a deal with Cervelo. Cervelo's current team, Team Sunweb, have confirmed a deal with Scott bikes, and the Mitchelton-Scott team is in advanced talks with Bianchi."

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ag2r-citroen-team-to-ride-bmc-for-2021/?fbclid=IwAR2k0SC7IR46lVn1QluOSHHEKl7wmG-JV3m7StIKe46dScftliB0zbv3DLE

"The French team will be on Swiss bikes from next season, as BMC affirms its role as equipment sponsor until 2023

Elsewhere in the continual merry go round of teams and their equipment sponsors, Jumbo-Visma will be moving away from Bianchi bikes in favour of a deal with Cervelo. Cervelo's current team, Team Sunweb, have confirmed a deal with Scott bikes, and the Mitchelton-Scott team is in advanced talks with Bianchi."

[emoji102] okes some swinging going on in the pro peloton [emoji1787]

• 2 weeks later...

Laurens De Plus, Tom Pidcock, Dani Martinez, and Richie Porte all confirmed signings to Ineos Defenders, I mean Grenadiers

sign away Dave, means nothing without Pogacar, Evanepoel, VD Poel, WVA and few others that will be smoking the Ineos Buy Train

Realistically they have a great team but it's not going to be as easy as the last 8 years

sign away Dave, means nothing without Pogacar, Evanepoel, VD Poel, WVA and few others that will be smoking the Ineos Buy Train

Realistically they have a great team but it's not going to be as easy as the last 8 years

Tom has a bright future though, we haven't really seen him on the road with the Elites, He was perhaps the only only to stick it to MvP this last cross season (Silver @ Worlds)

Fluuuusssssh - Ineos going down the Toilet with has beens and boy wonders that clearly are nothing on their own if not pulled to the finish by the best and most intelligent riders.

I think ineos will evaporate like their petrol fumes sponsor or spectacularly explode and grenade like the grenadiers they are calling themselves

Edited by s14phoenix

Fluuuusssssh - Ineos going down the Toilet with has beens and boy wonders that clearly are nothing on their own if not pulled to the finish by the best and most intelligent riders.

I think ineos will evaporate like their petrol fumes sponsor or spectacularly explode and grenade like the grenadiers they are calling themselves

Not quite true for young Tom, the lad has true grit and loads of talent.

Tom has a bright future though, we haven't really seen him on the road with the Elites, He was perhaps the only only to stick it to MvP this last cross season (Silver @ Worlds)

Will they let Tom do what he wants though and carry on riding evens? - apparently he just loves riding and will go race anything anywhere

All good signings really but they might need to modernise their approach - they were on the cutting edge but teams have caught up

Just makes for exciting racing

Will they let Tom do what he wants though and carry on riding evens? - apparently he just loves riding and will go race anything anywhere

All good signings really but they might need to modernise their approach - they were on the cutting edge but teams have caught up

Just makes for exciting racing

Orla from Eurosport interviewed him yesterday and he said he would be focusing on the road from here on, not sure if he will do any 'cross because his team Trinity was basically built around him to do all sorts of cycling, so not sure if he will be able to do that now with no cross team. And I am sure the contract with Ineos is tight and has all sorts of conditions, I can't see them letting him do any mtb,

Bit of a pity, because I found men's cross otherwise a bit boring with MvDP dominating, I was always rooting for Tom, not because he is a pom, but a nice fun guy and a good sport. The did a vlog  after every race on the toob,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alex Dowsett luckily picked up a ride for 2021...

He commented after his Giro Win that he was still without a ride for 2021 with a baby on the way...

https://youtu.be/K9zqtNDixTk

Not sure he has announced who yet, but it is good news for him. I suspect he will announce after his hour record attempt on the Factor.