Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxime Marotte to SantaCruz FSA, joining Luca Braidot, Martina Berta and Greta Seiwald.

This is a big signing for Santa Cruz bikes, Looks like the XCO field is going to have very strong brand representation at the front, not just the usual lofty

Sarrou leaving perhaps opens the purse string for PFP Absolute Absalon. Who did Braidot ride for? I can’t remember and feeling too lazy to Google it.

Sarrou leaving perhaps opens the purse string for PFP Absolute Absalon. Who did Braidot ride for? I can’t remember and feeling too lazy to Google it.

He and his brother were racing for the Carabinieri, Italian police. In return they performed policing duties, albeit to a relaxed schedule. 

Not that uncommon a practice, in a few European countries.

https://business.facebook.com/TheBraidotTwins/

Edited by Danger Dassie

CS Carabineiri Olympia

Hirshi leaves DSM. Free agent (but for how long?) Any guesses as to which team he's heading to? Must be one with some cash to possibly buy him out seeing as he still had this year left with DSM.

Hirshi leaves DSM. Free agent (but for how long?) Any guesses as to which team he's heading to? Must be one with some cash to possibly buy him out seeing as he still had this year left with DSM.

UAE

"... signed for Circus-Wanty Gobert, who are set to compete at WorldTour level in 2021..."

MVDP will need someone to pull him in the groupetto through the mountains at Le Tour next year.

Two different teams:

LM is on Team Intermarche Wanty-Gobert

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/intermarche-wanty-gobert-2021

While MvdP is on Team Alpecin-Fenix

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/alpecin-fenix-2021

UAE

Confirmed?

Going to be lekker seeing Colnago win more races.

Any idea why he just left DSM? Must have been some issues to just up and off like that.

Confirmed?

Any idea why he just left DSM? Must have been some issues to just up and off like that.

Nope not confirmed just rumoured

I suspect he was probably approached by a team offering him a good pay check and his contract was probably bought out by a team with deep pockets and a lot of ambition.

I dont always know about DSM their riders don't always seem to stick a round too long.

All of course speculation at this point.

Confirmed?

“Team DSM has reached a settlement agreement with their rider Marc Hirschi to terminate their present employment before the original end date of 31 December 2021. It has been agreed that the agreement will be terminated with immediate effect and that no further comments will be made. Team DSM wishes Marc Hirschi all the best for the continuation of his career and expresses its gratitude for what Marc Hirschi has contributed to the team.”

Team DSM’s statement on Marc Hirschi’s departure

Nope not confirmed just rumoured

I suspect he was probably approached by a team offering him a good pay check and his contract was probably bought out by a team with deep pockets and a lot of ambition.

I dont always know about DSM their riders don't always seem to stick a round too long.

All of course speculation at this point.

Unfortunately nobody participating in this thread has UAE connections :ph34r: that can slip us a hint...it's not like we will tell who our sources are  :whistling:

Looking at the history of this Team, if their riders gets an opportunity to grow & move on to a bigger team with bigger pockets then they wont stand in their way, Tom Dumoulin, Warren Barguil, Marcel Kittel, Simon Geschke & now Hirschi to name but a few.