Enjoy One Tonner 2017

Pure Savage

So, the DC has been announced and on twitter the PPA have mentioned there will be a team event at the Enjoy one tonner this year!

Nice addition I think. 

Lets just hope you get a lekker discount if you enter 12 okes!

post-11806-0-59727900-1496314586_thumb.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to pose a question about this one.

1.) I need to avoid a family wedding in Durban.

2.) Shova is on the same day as One Tonner. I enjoy Shova.

3.) The wedding is on the day before which justifies an early departure to Cape Town, like Wednesday.

4.) My question is about the race then.... Do I fly Mango or Kalula?

So, the DC has been announced and on twitter the PPA have mentioned there will be a team event at the Enjoy one tonner this year!

Nice addition I think. 

Lets just hope you get a lekker discount if you enter 12 okes!

confirmed?

confirmed?

Yes, just been confirmed via twitter. This will be a trial year. 

I am not sure if there will be a team category, or just start 12 okes at the lowest seeding of the 12. 

Lets wait and see. I asked about a discount for getting 12 people signed up per team, nada...

3.) The wedding is on the day before which justifies an early departure to Cape Town, like Wednesday.

4.) My question is about the race then.... Do I fly Mango or Kalula? OneTime.....  :whistling: 

4.) My question is about the race then.... Do I fly Mango or Kalula?

Surely you would drive over 2 days? Leave the wednesday, Arrive Thursday evening. Leg stretcher Friday....

I mean, surely you don't trust the ailrines and/or couriers with your bike. What if the deraileur gets bent in transit? Spoke damage? Seems dodgy to me....

Nah. Best to make 5 days of it and be 'race ready' without any hiccups...  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Ok, update, there is a discount for teams entering together. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious how this will work in practice - DC rules for teams and normal rules for individuals with regards to drafting? Could be very confusing if different rules for different people

Other than that I think its a good idea

Curious how this will work in practice - DC rules for teams and normal rules for individuals with regards to drafting? Could be very confusing if different rules for different people

Other than that I think its a good idea

Probably very similar to previous years. Will be interesting to see how to start teams,

• 2 weeks later...

i really wanted to do the full distance this year.  the 109 km version was my very first race last year and i had to, of course start at the back.  now I've worked myself up the alphabet a bit and they go do this team thing

"The team category will be followed by one or two bunch start groups comprising of individual riders, and riders wishing to ride as teams who did not get an entry for the team category."

One or two... ffs.  so i guess it'll be the 109km once again.

i really wanted to do the full distance this year. the 109 km version was my very first race last year and i had to, of course start at the back. now I've worked myself up the alphabet a bit and they go do this team thing

"The team category will be followed by one or two bunch start groups comprising of individual riders, and riders wishing to ride as teams who did not get an entry for the team category."

One or two... ffs. so i guess it'll be the 109km once again.

This is really stupid. I don't have a team to ride in so now I must start at the back lumped with the whole alphabet soup. Makes no sense this decision. This race was always nice to gauge how you fare against your fellow competitors in a long distance event.