Stolen: BMC Time Machine TMR02 2015 (Saint Francis Bay)

aidy_6

You do your homework before purchasing, not after.

Sorry about your loss man. Think you can say goodbye to the money. Police won't do much about this, they probably dealing with cases like this everyday so just push it aside.

If it's too good to be true....

Guys , keep in mind that this individual plus others of the same ilk are reading all these posts so any ideas of baiting him etc should not really be advertised here...

exactly, now the OLX is ad is gone.

Sorry to say dude I am from there. it's a very small coastal town and I use to work at the LBS and none of the locals ride that bike.

Edited by Jimmy 2.0

Sorry to say dude I am from there. it's a very small coastal town and I use to work at the LBS and none of the locals ride that bike.
I'll ask some of my very good local friends to see if they know the guy

He's probably not from there. Just using a odd placed town so he doesn't get too many requests to see the bike which will blow his cover.

These scams have been going around for years already.

Of course he is not from there

How do you buy a bike unseen ....crazy

Your money is gone I am afraid

Duuuude, facepalm facepalm facepalm....

The scammer: 

1.Looks on the map and chooses his "address".....he has no idea about St Francis Bay what so ever

2. Chooses a pic off the web

3. Places his ad on olx or scumtree

4. Waits patiently...

@OP:

If you had asked to look at the bike, you would have been given a run-around, sure sign it's a scam

He is quite likely not even in SA (although the bank account is). Contact the bank and have the account blocked even though he(or his accomplice) will have withdrawn your money long ago. He will now have to open another account (which in theory should be difficult) but no doubt he has a gyppo SA ID and/or passport.

If you ever see this kind of ad again, offer to pay, get his bank details, report to bank. Won't stop the f%$#ers, just delays them a bit.

Bastards

PS There is a certain Mr Joe Massapous who has played them before.....

Name from the ID Andrew Talmarkes - Thats assuming thats even the dudes ID! From what I can see from the facebook profile he is not the type that would be scamming a bike. I reckon this ID was stolen, what name was on the bank account that you transfered the cash?

• 2 months later...

happened to me , realized it was a scam when I saw the same bike on a overseas site . they use pics from there to scam us this side . they even have false  id so./ After I figured out it was a scam I blocked there account through the bank . Had had 3 other guys amounts been put in the same day , If you quick enough the bank can refund you the money , but if there is a negative balance they will only pay you what is left on a positive balance .In saying this they also use a place that maybe in sa Like Heidleberg that could be in western cape or Jb , so if you say you are near the one , they will tell you they at the other location. Went to cops and they told me it is to difficult to catch these oaks , Good luck