WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

CSA website says so, and entries are open. Except you cant select category  :unsure:   But you can pay !!!

Had to edit this, as now it says entries open on the 20th. This after I mailed them last week saying I cant select a category. But still says PE. But if not mistaken this year was also supposed to be PE and was changed at the last minute to Gauteng coz PE had done nothing to organise. So we wait with baited breath.

I can't say if this was the same situation, but if we turn back the clock to 2011 when PE last hosted SAs.

EP Cycling (now East Cape Cycling) was informed at the Nth hour that PE would host. To add to this, the champs were brought forward by a few months. There was no time to organise a proper event.

CSA stated that they would organise. Despite EPs protests of the routes chosen by CSA, they went ahead anyway and it was a disaster. Half the events were cancelled due to traffic and safety problems. CSA never owned up and shouldered the blame and most cyclists pointed a finger at EP Cycling for the stuff ups. EP Cycling had little involvement in the organising, but incurred the wrath of the entants.

If PE had done nothing to organise this most recent event, I'm willing to bet something similar happened. 

Edited by Longbarn Killer

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As an organisation that strives to promote good governance, the Executive Committee of Cycling South Africa appointed an ad hoc investigation panel consisting of a senior advocate, advocate and an attorney to investigate certain aspects concerning the national federation, Cycling South Africa.  

The panel has provided a report to the Executive Committee of Cycling South Africa and made recommendations for a process to be followed in order to address the matters raised, including the governance of the Federation.

The Federation confirms that all the recommendations of the ad hoc investigation panel are being reviewed.  A full disclosure of the findings and steps taken will be shared with the relevant institutions and authorities, including the Department of Sport and Recreation, SASCOC and the UCI.

The Executive Committee of Cycling South Africa has accepted the resignation of the General Manager of Cycling South Africa with effect from 8 November 2019.

A full disclosure of the findings and steps taken will be shared with the relevant institutions and authorities, including the Department of Sport and Recreation, SASCOC and the UCI.

Bikehub, formerly known as TheHubSA, is also a relevant institution and authority, right?

A full disclosure of the findings and steps taken will be shared with the relevant institutions and authorities, including the Department of Sport and Recreation, SASCOC and the UCI.

Bikehub, formerly known as TheHubSA, is also a relevant institution and authority, right?

Yes, you are right.

I think Bike Hub played a roll (maybe a small roll) in exposing the CSA for what they are. So yes, we deserve to know.

You do realise, that no matter the outcome, things are unlikely to change.

As an organisation that strives to promote good governance, the Executive Committee of Cycling South Africa appointed an ad hoc investigation panel consisting of a senior advocate, advocate and an attorney to investigate certain aspects concerning the national federation, Cycling South Africa.

The panel has provided a report to the Executive Committee of Cycling South Africa and made recommendations for a process to be followed in order to address the matters raised, including the governance of the Federation.

The Federation confirms that all the recommendations of the ad hoc investigation panel are being reviewed. A full disclosure of the findings and steps taken will be shared with the relevant institutions and authorities, including the Department of Sport and Recreation, SASCOC and the UCI.

The Executive Committee of Cycling South Africa has accepted the resignation of the General Manager of Cycling South Africa with effect from 8 November 2019.

It is good that there will be an investigation but perhaps they shouldn't be investing themselves..surely an independent one would be better?

It is good that there will be an investigation but perhaps they shouldn't be investing themselves..surely an independent one would be better?

sounds independent enough to me.

in other news, i don't really know who mike bradley is. If he is this guy born in 1971, then he now has the time to go cycling, and could compete in his 2nd argus next year

post-1830-0-89925000-1573647844_thumb.png

sounds independent enough to me.

in other news, i don't really know who mike bradley is. If he is this guy born in 1971, then he now has the time to go cycling, and could compete in his 2nd argus next year

attachicon.gifmb.png

1 argus, what an amateur.

The Federation confirms that all the recommendations of the ad hoc investigation panel are being reviewed.  A full disclosure of the findings and steps taken will be shared with the relevant institutions and authorities, including the Department of Sport and Recreation, SASCOC and the UCI.

Like the way they communicate the pecking order... :D :D

I would have thought that you need at least one bean counter as part of the team if we talk governance and compliance.

But this is such a deja moo story... things will not change...