WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very unfortunate. Good luck with that, making me think twice about taking part in any road events. 

This is not just road.  Its all CSA sanctioned events...

As a new rider this is pretty scary. As someone who's come from other hobbies where certain government affiliated groups are involved, this is not new.

I hate how things like this are the norm in our country.

Us! We can be the voices. The people they report too are just as incompetent.

Mike Bradley has been busy on Twitter playing the victim again. Its amazing how its always something or somebody else's fault, AFTER the fact.

Always..he is never able to take ownership of anything...

Changes are needed and the first change should be him going far far away

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The easy solution is holding private events with private insurance.  The big problem is developing cycling as a sport on national level with the aim of developing athletes to develop on international level.  If we will have youngsters performing well on the private events it won't help as it is not UCI sanctioned events.  Wonder if one can't approach the UCI on this.

The easy solution is holding private events with private insurance.  The big problem is developing cycling as a sport on national level with the aim of developing athletes to develop on international level.  If we will have youngsters performing well on the private events it won't help as it is not UCI sanctioned events.  Wonder if one can't approach the UCI on this.

On that note, PPA has just paid to send 6 juniors to Europe for 3 months to race... #DoingCSAsJob 

Without the public liability insurance from CSA events will either get cancelled, or become significantly more expensive.  We have been looking around at alternatives to CSA for insurance, but the costs are insane.

I think for W Cape and some other provinces where PPA has a presence, they are a better option for event organisers, but they unfortunately do not cover GP (for now)

On that note, PPA has just paid to send 6 juniors to Europe for 3 months to race... #DoingCSAsJob 

Well done to the PPA then.  Do you know if they could send those guys to Europe without working through CSA?  If that is the case then we can pretty much tell CSA to f.off.  Only problem would be things like the Olympics.

My son crashed at BMX Nationals in April. Went to hospital in Ambulance etc etc. When I tried to claim a few weeks back I was told sorry, no money to pay, please claim from your own medical aid. And yes, I'm a fully paid up member, in fact hold 4 memberships with wife and kids as we all ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sue them for telling lies......

Well done to the PPA then.  Do you know if they could send those guys to Europe without working through CSA?  If that is the case then we can pretty much tell CSA to f.off.  Only problem would be things like the Olympics.

I dont think they went through the CSA. 

CSA have also burnt bridges with sponsors in the sport as well, which have pulled out, which in turn makes CSA job harder due to less funding. 

Have CSA published their YE2016 account yet?

They don't appear on the CSA website with the previous years accounts and based on previous years, their YE was August - 9 months ago!

It must be hidden somewhere far far away.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I am certainly suffering from scandal fatigue by now. Having to read daily how the Guptas are robbing me blind now I have to hear CSA is also doing its bit.

And this after they hiked the fees by 33% end of last year (if I recall correctly)

I know I should be angry but I find it hard to muster the outrage