WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

Unbelievable that they burned through R2.4m, which was reflected as cash in the year end accounts. (if that is accurate of course)  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable that they burned through R2.4m, which was reflected as cash in the year end accounts. (if that is accurate of course)

Either its wasteful or incompetence, both of which is inexcusable.

Edited by Patchelicious

Either its wasteful or incompetence, both of which is inexcusable.

Can tell you it makes me ******* mad and those accounts require explaining. What is very clear is that the money is gone and the hand-wringing will start. 

Perhaps we can tip off Carte Blanche so they can do an expose' on Sport Governing bodies who defraud their members. They can incorporate it with Cheeky Watson's EP rugby scandal.

Nothing like Devi Govender in your face to get the truth.

Some years ago MSA was in shambles and riders took out alternative licenses and insurance which were endorsed by event organisers who were also gatvol of Motorsport's bull. They got their house in order real quick.

Perhaps we can tip off Carte Blanche so they can do an expose' on Sport Governing bodies who defraud their members. They can incorporate it with Cheeky Watson's EP rugby scandal.

Nothing like Devi Govender in your face to get the truth.

Some years ago MSA was in shambles and riders took out alternative licenses and insurance which were endorsed by event organisers who were also gatvol of Motorsport's bull. They got their house in order real quick.

It wasn't only in Motorsport that breakaway groups formed, but if my memory serves me correct, power and inflatable boat racing, either karate or judo and then the debacle around athletics.

The good that came from the shake up in Motorsport.

1) The rot at the top resigned and the then CEO eventually faced criminal charges.

2)The Constitution reigned supreme in regards to freedom of choice, association and other factors. In other words,competitors could not be banned, fined or suspended for competing in non MSA sanctioned events.

3)MSA became a more streamlined organisation

4)Today as a motorcycle competitor you can compete in MSA events, Womza events, Foot Up Trials which now operates completely independently from the 2 main organisations, Mielie field racing and charity events - without any fear of repercussions - which is the way it should be. .

From what I understand some guys use the money to buy vehicles registered to an area of csa yet it's used as. A personal vehicle,

Any new updates about CSA's fiasco? Just found a slip for a CSA day license I "had to pay for" at a recent event cleaning out my kit bag.
Still VERY upset with this bunch of thieving imbeciles who claims to be a national sport governing body. And to add to this reading in local papers about promising young cycling stars missing out on international events as they have to fund their own way to compete.

We should not let them get away with this (like so many other parties in our "wonderful country")!!!!

*Rant off*

Reckon there will be more details after the KZN race organiser's meeting with CSA (26th possiby)

Interesting that riders who won prize money at this weeknd's Pmb festival with the SA MTB Cup events were asked to supply their banking details to KZN Cycling and not CSA. Upside of that is they probably wont have to wait upto three months for the deposit.

Yes can you all remember how many bad things were said about Sylvia Dale and SACF a couple of years ago.

Everything that were said about them were so sadly wrong but we all can recall that when Sylvia and her team , me included were running SACF there were always money for teams as well as a house [ SACF office ] in Table View that had no bond on it and a few hundred thousand rand in the bank.

Now they sold the house / office, spend a few million and still take big salary's.

They work her out and look at CSA now. As they will most probably say - its the old regime and the fault of apartheid.

Hope someone has the b...s to take this matter further.

Edited by Chris Willemse

Yes can you all remember how many bad things were said about Sylvia Dale and SACF a couple of years ago.

Everything that were said about them were so sadly wrong but we all can recall that when Sylvia and her team , me included were running SACF there were always money for teams as well as a house [ SACF office ] in Table View that had no bond on it and a few hundred thousand rand in the bank.

Now they sold the house / office, spend a few million and still take big salary's.

They work her out and look at CSA now. As they will most probably say - its the old regime and the fault of apartheid.

Hope someone has the b...s to take this matter further.

I nominate you.

You would have more support than most, and obviously know how it works. 

Any new updates about CSA's fiasco? Just found a slip for a CSA day license I "had to pay for" at a recent event cleaning out my kit bag.

Still VERY upset with this bunch of thieving imbeciles who claims to be a national sport governing body. And to add to this reading in local papers about promising young cycling stars missing out on international events as they have to fund their own way to compete.

We should not let them get away with this (like so many other parties in our "wonderful country")!!!!

*Rant off*

Also waiting for my refund for day licenses from CSA = Congress of Suspect Accounting.

With expenses ........very close to 100k a month......

I'm not sure what Mike Bradley's background is, but if he can get CSA out of this mess properly, then he is worth the salary.

if not, well then I'm sure even he can do the math.

I'm not sure what Mike Bradley's background is, but if he can get CSA out of this mess properly, then he is worth the salary.

if not, well then I'm sure even he can do the math.

He has been there at least for two years already