WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

Goodness me you sound like you know all the inside info? From that statement, it seems that the executive committee are taking steps in the right direction. Not all persons involved with CSA are bad.

Fair comment given the track record no? 

Just read the release on an "internal investigation" ... smoke and mirror hyperbole. If the incumbent leadership cannot  show an open and frank communication, then it raises more questions than answers. Especially when there is a direct correlation to the resignation of the GM under a cloud. 

DnD didn't say anything anywhere near alluding that all CSA people are bad. Simply called for some kind of accountability. Entirely reasonable. 

Hopefully it does present some kind of turn around direction, there are some keenly committed people within CSA who volunteer their time and resources for all the right reasons.

This behind closed doors mentality needs to stop though. It's totally counter intuitive and just compounds mistrust. Not conducive to getting buy in from the public and build the membership that way.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People generally want it run like a professional company but at volunteer rates...

Will be interesting to see what names come forward in pursuit of this poisoned chalice

Having been closely involved with them till about 2015...I would be interested to see too. I have an idea.. And wouldn't be surprised if it was [emoji57]

Has Coates also resigned now? Someone had mentioned that in passing the other day about this topic. 

thanks 

yes, he has 

Umm, unless you want a racing license, or you do a lot of events, then there’s no need to pay them a cent.

The provincial Enduros in Kzn required it this year so we had to pay in full or pay for the day licenses.

Umm, unless you want a racing license, or you do a lot of events, then there’s no need to pay them a cent.

If you want to be eligible for provincial colours in age a category discipline then you have to be a CSA member. So membership also supports your regional body

If you want to be eligible for provincial colours in age a category discipline then you have to be a CSA member. So membership also supports your regional body

That's the thing for me - our regional body is doing a decent job.

I don't know about previous years, but 2018 and 2019 they've held a series of events (three hillclimbs, crits and TTs). No road race this year, but there was one last year, and next year's is already organised. Even received a certificate this year.

If it weren't for them, we'd have half the number of road-focussed events in Bloem.

I have received regional colors.  Can't say that it has helped me be a better athlete.  

That said, most provincial bodies (mine being GNC) are passionate about the sport and love what they do and they do it to the best of their abilities with limited funding.

I will always try and support them.    :thumbup:

The provincial Enduros in Kzn required it this year so we had to pay in full or pay for the day licenses.

It has always been a requirement for KZN Regional Enduro and DH. 

Any race that is sanctioned (and most are) needs licences either Day / Membership / racing dependant on what you as the rider are looking for.

You need a membership / racing licence (Age Category dependent) to be logged for points and to be eligible for Provincial Colours ... (this is the same in all provinces)

As a lot of guys have said - by paying your licence (even a day licence) it also helps the local organising bodies - as we get a portion of the licence fees which then gets put back into the racing in the province ... 

So without the licences - the organising committees at a regional level would be down on funds each year .... 

Just a quick Calculation just for Enduro in KZN - we as the committee will get about R3000 for licences this year if you just take number of riders and the R5 per rider day licence amount that we get .... that will be able to cover the cost of the safety officer at one of next years events. ... 

I’ve read to that Swadini is the venue for SA Road Champs next year... nothing on CSA website.

CSA website events menu still states PE?

I hope you're right about Swadini, much nicer and not that much of a trek...

Was suppose to be in PE. Decided today to move.

SA's should be within a hour of the big airports. Having it in the middel of nowhere is just stupid.

Same will happan than the year it was in Outshoorn, almost no riders.

Was suppose to be in PE. Decided today to move.

SA's should be within a hour of the big airports. Having it in the middel of nowhere is just stupid.

Same will happan than the year it was in Outshoorn, almost no riders.

You would be AMAZED to see how many riders that venue pulls.  

The organisers for the Panorama and Vets Tour's playground that.  

Good routes and not a lot of cars.

Actually contemplating doing it now............