Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

starting in C. going to ride to the start from Kyalami. Traffic gets crazy, last year I was late and had no time to warm up the legs.

D - D batch

L - Long

Some races (think R4S, R4V) have long and short(er) distances. You'll see some of the riders in the shorter distance will perhaps be seeded AS. Not certain why the DL applies in this case.

D = Double

L = Lap

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

How is this going to be done when they did not have an option to enter for a double lap? Or was there?? I don't remember seeing it.

CTCT invites eligible(good enough seeding) riders for a double lap. I have not received that email.

My seeding for this year is B. I'll try and reseed too after the next 4 races. Hopefully they will be good enough and that I will be fit enough to do a respectable time. I have ambitions of riding vets next year, so I want to start bleeding out of my ears in A this year. :mellow:

There was an option... Enter via a registered charity

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Question to those with vastly more experience..: How many times in the past has the 947CC taken place on a proper rain day, for example like we are seeing today in GP?

Ai. JJ group for me. Racetec lost my result of 2015, now I have no seeding. Time to start doing more road races...

Question to those with vastly more experience..: How many times in the past has the 947CC taken place on a proper rain day, for example like we are seeing today in GP?

Only once that I know of.  But not as cold as today.

starting in C. going to ride to the start from Kyalami. Traffic gets crazy, last year I was late and had no time to warm up the legs.

Edited by coppi

Only once in 2005 that there was real rain during the race and for most of the morning. Other than that we have been very lucky

I've registered for my first 947 Cycle Challenge road race and still contemplating whether I would do the race as I feel like I'm unfit due to the lack of training whih simply is not happening.

I have a mountain bike and was advised to changed to change my tyres for the race as mountain biking tyres are not reccomended.

Can anyone share their thoughts/view on this?

I'm a bit two minded to change tyres as it then stops me from doing mountain biking on the weeks preceding the 947 event.

Edited by MTBiker_Bryanston