Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

Didn’t want to arrive without a frame number and be told to start elsewhere.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

I'm also in VE, no frame numbers! 

Hi all, if you’re watching or riding 94.7 tomorrow keep an eye out for a group of us wearing these jerseys. We will be pulling a little girl named Layla who is sadly terminal with a rare cancer - Ependymoma.

She has a dream to finish the 94.7 and we’ll be pulling her around the route with a view to making that dream come true.

Please cheer us on it’s gonna be a long hot day.

9680678774fc4d6e62ebac0e8a0ee591.jpg

Anybody can give me split times for 2h55. Just 5 points on the route?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi all, if you’re watching or riding 94.7 tomorrow keep an eye out for a group of us wearing these jerseys. We will be pulling a little girl named Layla who is sadly terminal with a rare cancer - Ependymoma.

She has a dream to finish the 94.7 and we’ll be pulling her around the route with a view to making that dream come true.

Please cheer us on it’s gonna be a long hot day.

9680678774fc4d6e62ebac0e8a0ee591.jpg

I'm riding for them as well...

Riding the double. When I catch up on the second lap I'll then stick with the group.

post-63215-0-19491500-1511052882_thumb.jpg

Race went well, took 20min of my PB. It was hot out there - I think the late starters are going to suffer. Awesome vibe from all the supporters.

I like the new start location and the feeding from the 2 circles - it worked well in my opinion.

Well organized like always! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot and hilly, well organised, was apprehensive about the parking but it worked well for me. Not my fastest time but better by 25min than my 2015 time. Only gripe is not aimed at the race or orgs but at the 2 cyclists morons riding to the start. They hogged the far right lane for much of the stretch of William Nichol reducing cars to the 2 inner left lanes. Not cool, if others can stick to the left, so can you. 

Edited by scotty

Started in A. Almost had a crash within the 1st 5km. Before Kyalami my rear hub started to pack up. If you heard a noisy bike, Team Genasys kit and was a white Kraft, that was me. At a slow speeds it felt like some grap my wheel. Really struggle to climb but managed to stick with front of A until my problems started.

Edited by Zatek

Is it true CSA did not pay over the fees to UCI for some license ladies, making them ineligible to ride in the license group? Big scurry to fix it before the event?

Best description for my ride was a “hop-on, hop-off” tour. Started in the VC bus, then got off just after Kyalami.

Hopped on the VD bus on the M1 and jumped off at the Mandela bridge before getting back on their second bus.

Climbed off again at Witkoppen before climbing on the VE bus just before Steyn City.

Limped home 11 mins slower than last year, before heading out for a second lap (shortcut through Glenhove Ave to Jan Smuts) to support the charity.

Stopped for coffee at the Seattle (Caltex) on Jan Smuts.

e6f6e4e350a7e52c6e01085787c67a8f.jpg

Best description for my ride was a “hop-on, hop-off” tour. Started in the VC bus, then got off just after Kyalami.

Hopped on the VD bus on the M1 and jumped off at the Mandela bridge before getting back on their second bus.

Climbed off again at Witkoppen before climbing on the VE bus just before Steyn City.

Limped home 11 mins slower than last year, before heading out for a second lap (shortcut through Glenhove Ave to Jan Smuts) to support the charity.

Stopped for coffee at the Seattle (Caltex) on Jan Smuts.e6f6e4e350a7e52c6e01085787c67a8f.jpg

Best post.

Anyone know what happened at the crash with the lady that was airlifted to hospital? She is nog doing well