Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving homeless children a sweetie = feeding wild animals???

No wonder we have issues in SA.

People bury their heads in the sand and pretend the issue isn't there. No wonder we have issues in SA.

well I'm sorry obviously there ISN'T an issue if races like the Berg and Bush and Sani have you signing to agree not to feed kids. I mean obviously they would make you do that if it wasn't causing a problem seriously? How Naieve are we?

And humans and animals especially when it comes down to baser instincts are more alike than you think.

But hey you got to watch a bunch of kids bliksem each other over a sweet. Fun that was I am sure. Better than WWE RAW on Etv right? And the Victor learnt he could use violence as a means to an end. But hey no harm done right?

Edit: just remember when you get knocked off the bike or something possibly worse happens (I'll leave the possibilities open to your imagination) just remember you could of been a solution to the problem and assisted them in a far more meaningful manner.

Edited by Alastair_S1D

Indeed.

Some of the attitudes regarding these kids is pretty disgusting.

there are better ways to help them and be kind to them.

well I'm sorry obviously there ISN'T an issue if races like the Berg and Bush and Sani have you signing to agree not to feed kids. I mean obviously they would make you do that if it wasn't causing a problem seriously? How Naieve are we?

And humans and animals especially when it comes down to baser instincts are more alike than you think.

But hey you got to watch a bunch of kids bliksem each other over a sweet. Fun that was I am sure. And the Victor learnt he could use violence as a means to an end. But hey no harm done right?

Edit: just remember when you get knocked off the bike or something possibly worse happens (I'll leave the possibilities open to your imagination) just remember you could of been a solution to the problem and assisted them in a far more meaningful manner.

“People experience horrible things everyday, and they still manage to be nice to others. Being an a$$hole is not something you are born with or something that you become. It’s a choice!”

For me warming up is more than just warming up your legs. It's also about getting your mind and body prepared for what's to come. So even though you might have cooled off a bit by the time you start, your system is ready to go. That's how I look at it at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have to look at buying the new portable rollers as I currently have a kickR and I find it to be too big to carry it to races as if I am a Pro ????

People bury their heads in the sand and pretend the issue isn't there. No wonder we have issues in SA.

But hey you got to watch a bunch of kids bliksem each other over a sweet. Fun that was I am sure. Better than WWE RAW on Etv right? And the Victor learnt he could use violence as a means to an end. But hey no harm done right?

The other cyclists on the road certainly posed more of a danger than any of these kids did, seems that the fact that the kids were there just irritates some people, perhaps those cyclists take themselves a bit too seriously.

If they are scared of being hurt or assaulted or perhaps losing a precious water bottle then maybe they shouldnt enter the event.

Many people were ignoring the kids and thats up to them, I didnt see anyone getting hurt nor hear about anyone being hurt if they didnt stop to hand out sweets.

We are all entitled to our opinions, mine is that it is part of the event, I got some sweets from the sponsors/ vendors and gave them to a kid, but hey, I have a 7 year old at home and know that kids are awesome, so no regrets here, as far as the race , Meh !

“People experience horrible things everyday, and they still manage to be nice to others. Being an a$$hole is not something you are born with or something that you become. It’s a choice!”

BUUURN!

BUUURN!

Are you burnt? Damn Quick someone get a burn kit! Apply cold water to burnt area! 

Fact of the matter is people often misidentify someone displaying facts as an asshole. Happens all the time. The wonderful thing about facts though is they don't stop being facts because we want to ignore them. 

Edited by Alastair_S1D

Are you burnt? Damn Quick someone get a burn kit! Apply cold water to burnt area!

Fact of the matter is people often misidentify someone displaying facts as an asshole. Happens all the time. The wonderful thing about facts though is they don't stop being facts because we want to ignore them.

I think you are confusing your opinion with facts. Edited by Patchelicious

I think you are confusing your opinion with facts.

If they weren't facts there wouldn't be races making you sign to agree not to do it. 

Privilege problems?

I am aware that Joel Stransky’s..group...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's the problem right there...

If they weren't facts there wouldn't be races making you sign to agree not to do it.

Didn’t know that Farmer Glen’s entry forms is the standard we use for fact checking. This changes things, on a global scale!

Many many scientist will love this idea, print something on a MTB race entry form, boom!!! Thesis done!

Didn’t know that Farmer Glen’s entry forms is the standard we use for fact checking. This changes things, on a global scale!

Many many scientist will love this idea, print something on a MTB race entry form, boom!!! Thesis done!

Well I am sure as hell sure they weren't doing it to be a$$holes. But you know. People print things on legal documents and indemnities just for their health these days. 

Edited by Alastair_S1D