advice on indoor training set up

Hi Guys 

Need some input on my indoor trainer set up.

Being eyeing all the activity on Zwift activities etc and would like to enhance my current training experience if possible..

I currently have a Tacx Flow trainer which has served me well for a good few years now. It's paired with a Powertap so I am able to perform structured work outs with ease - via my Garmin. 

I generally just use the resistance settings of the trainer and my gearing to get into the required power zone.

Is it at all possible to get a zwift / trainer road set up? I have being toying with the idea of getting a smart trainer but obviously feel that it might be overkill considering I already have the power meter?

What would my options be?  A cheaper smart trainer perhaps?

You won't be able to get adjustible resistance, but with a dongle, ANT+ PM, speed and cadence sensors, you should be able to join the club!

Hi

I am still wanting to my own work outs so basically adjust my own resistance (if that makes sense)..

Have all the sensors - just not a dongle - which I believe is required.

What protocol does powertap use? If it is Bluetooth then you can run Zwift iOS. As already mentioned it won't adjust resistance.

I run Zwift with a tacx satori, measures power but also doesn't adjust resistance automatically and I enjoy Zwift just fine.

Then you should be sorted. Zwift is awesome, has made trainer riding bareable for me.

There are preset workouts (in which the resistance is not adjusted automatically, even with a smart trainer), group rides and races every 30 minutes or you can just ride as you please.

The races are a great workout. Most are about an hour and you choose your group based on your w/kg FTP. Even get a bit nervous at the start of a race.

I find myself clicking through smart trainer reviews more and more frequently. Really like the ifea of virtual racing. How do you steer though? Take a corner?

Look at the Revbox,it does everything and low inertia training which makes you really strong

I find myself clicking through smart trainer reviews more and more frequently. Really like the ifea of virtual racing. How do you steer though? Take a corner?

You lean over.........

It's a real skill doing this without tipping yourself and the trainer over.....

:w00t:  :clap: 

If you really, really want to know: You must first be able to take a corner on rollers, and not in the passage!

You just moer the pedals, the software does the turns. Just gotta get used to the slipstream dynamics which are tricky. The races are rad, but be ready to feel nauseous.