Explore: Boschendal Farm Estate

Bike Hub Features

Founded in 1685 Boschendal Farm Estate is one of the oldest farms in South Africa. It is set in the Banhoek Valley surrounded by the Drakenstein and Simonsberg mountains, and lush gardens and vineyards. The original farmstead complex is now a national monument with a rich history of more than 300 years. We spent a couple of days at Boschendal Farm to experience all it has to offer, and ride our bikes on the vast trail network.

Click here to view the article

Does someone know..Are those last photos the new additions of the trail? I saw Trailtroop post some pics on insta. On which of the trails are they or does more than one make use of it. ?

Does someone know..Are those last photos the new additions of the trail? I saw Trailtroop post some pics on insta. On which of the trails are they or does more than one make use of it. ?

That's trailtroops riding his own new trails. Not open to the public yet, though. Soon. 

We rode most of the black route a couple of months ago. We had the place to ourselves on a perfect if a tad hot afternoon. It was the day JH was closed due to protests and luckily I remembered a friend had recently raved about these trails. I am more a fan of the rocky tech stuff you find at Tokai and JH, but the tracks at Boschendal are so well built that they are fun, and the faster you go the better it gets. 

We saw the new track under construction  - it looked good. The best trail IMO was Porcupine I think - very fast a and flowy with those proper berms you can really rail and a few surprises as the speed increases. The first single track descent (Inferno) I think - also very good fast fun. Setting is amazing.

There is also an amazing jump line down a line of trees - all sizes including gaps. Amazing skills area. Those new bits look even better.

More people should ride it.

very cool, had some (obvious) questions that a visit to the website answered.

day permits:R50

trail builders: bennet nel/pieter van wyk

We rode most of the black route a couple of months ago. We had the place to ourselves on a perfect if a tad hot afternoon. It was the day JH was closed due to protests and luckily I remembered a friend had recently raved about these trails. I am more a fan of the rocky tech stuff you find at Tokai and JH, but the tracks at Boschendal are so well built that they are fun, and the faster you go the better it gets. 

We saw the new track under construction  - it looked good. The best trail IMO was Porcupine I think - very fast a and flowy with those proper berms you can really rail and a few surprises as the speed increases. The first single track descent (Inferno) I think - also very good fast fun. Setting is amazing.

There is also an amazing jump line down a line of trees - all sizes including gaps. Amazing skills area. Those new bits look even better.

More people should ride it.

We did exactly the same thing... JH closed so headed to Boschendal.

Rode the black route and at the very top we then hid our bikes in the bushes and hiked/scrambled up a raving trying to find a way to the summit of the mountains.

It was an awesome day out. Super picturesque and really fun.

I will definitely go back

After viewing this post we decided to ride Boschendal Black route on Friday 16 June. So much fun. Friendly staff and friendly fellow MTB cyclists. The singletrack is just awesome. All 3.7km of Inferno ST is a rush. Thank you Boschendal for fantastic trails and Bike Hub for the great article.

• 3 months later...

Wow!

Probably some of the best trails in the Western Cape at the moment. You have to work for it, but the single track is AMAZING. A trail builder with a brain clearly built these!

If you haven't ridden here yet - go now!!!

Ok but I`m blaming you if I get in trouble with my boss.

Ok but I`m blaming you if I get in trouble with my boss.

Send him my way. Even better - take him along and buy him breakfast afterwards!

Send him my way. Even better - take him along and buy him breakfast afterwards!

Yes good idea! It will be fun seeing my bosses (aka noobs) try to ride these trails while their low life back office employee rips through the berms!