Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks pretty awesome... I'm willing to roll the dice with the crappy local service if it's going to be a stellar bike. 

What is happening with YT IN SA they have not had stock for months and don’t bother returning emails?

Was in the market for a new Jeffsy but they don't reply to mails or phone calls.

So I invested in another brand with after sales support.

So it is just not me? I am really in the market for a new Capra, but don't know when stock will arrive, I was actually wondering if I should email the head office, maybe they can help to when the new bikes will arrive...

Would also love to know what is going on with YT locally. They were jacked up when they first arrived on the scene.

Over the moon with my Jeffsy. Had it 2 months now, 2016 AL model that I bought off a mate for a cracker deal with maybe 20 rides on it total! 

Great bikes

But agreed their stock and service has disappeared.

I tried to buy a 29r Capra Pro Race last year, they had no stock, no idea of stock or any plans to get some in.

Unfortunately you go and buy something else

I think there has been some issues with both sides (local and international) and heard the relationships hasn't been on best terms. YT wanted all stock sold before new stock arrived and other bits. Not sure if Black Sheep know more as they seem to stock a lot of YT. 

I thought it wouldn't do any damage to ask about when new stock will arrive in SA and I received this email from them.

post-25636-0-30882300-1547547612_thumb.jpg

post-25636-0-19289700-1547547627_thumb.jpg

I thought it wouldn't do any damage to ask about when new stock will arrive in SA and I received this email from them.

Pretty much the same response I got from them in May 2018 when enquiring about the 2018 stock. So clearly F all has changed in the last 7 months.

Real sad that such an awesome brand is dropping the ball so badly

I wanted one couldnt get any clear answers about much from the local dealers.  So i moved on.  No service is unacceptable when one is planning on dropping R50k plus on a cycle.  They need to seriously either wake up and get their house in order or close shop as the brand deserves better.

Truthfully it seems better to head to the UK and purchase a new one there with the difference between locally price and Europe price you'd cover the cost of the flight and have some change to spare to take it for a quick spin in the alps. 

Jeffsy 29 CF Pro

UK: £3,499.00 / R62,189.52

SA: R77,900

Flight to UK R10K or less. 

Easy Jet to France: £52 return

Hire Car: £12 per day

Throw in cheese, wine, air B&B accom' and you can still come under the price for the same model here. 

Then claim VAT @ 20% back at the airport when flying home. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker