What MTB would you get R40k

Runbikeswim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Scott Spark 940 is over 40k, but... I have heard of some getting it for 40k. I believe Bike Addict has a demo for sale for 40k at the moment.

If that is not possible, then Giant Trance 2. Had one, and loved it. Value, value, and more value. Alu frame, meets your suspension spec, dropper post, 1x11, good pedaller, good descender, 27.5, boost. Can take up to 27.5x2.6 tyres, so not quite plus - but pretty close (although I have seen some people squeezing a 2.8 tyre in there). It's an amazing all rounder of a bike, and I have never heard anyone complain about it. I know 2016 model was 33k, not sure about 2017 - but I am sure it is under 40k.

Trance 2 is no more in sa... :( only 1.5 @ 47k and the. The 3 @ 28k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But OP said no Spez, .....

I saw this but can't figure out if it is a bluff or double bluff.

I can understand why he wont want a Spez; people will think he has a small willie.

So, if he has a small one, people will know and if he has a big one, people will misjudge him. Which of these?

(Disclaimer) I have continuously had at least one Specialized since 2004.

Stoke suspension in Obs/Woodstock has a Banshee Spitfire with a pretty sweet build kit available for that price. An amazing bike (#notbiased).

Stoke suspension in Obs/Woodstock has a Banshee Spitfire with a pretty sweet build kit available for that price. An amazing bike (#notbiased).

Now that is an awesome bike.

if you can get a spitty for 40k then DOOOO EEEEET.

And yes, it's well specced. 

if you can get a spitty for 40k then DOOOO EEEEET.

And yes, it's well specced. 

I took the Banshee Phantom for a test ride this last weekend....omg, that 29er is so much fun! That is one hell of a bike! I can imagine the spitty would be good too.

I took the Banshee Phantom for a test ride this last weekend....omg, that 29er is so much fun! That is one hell of a bike! I can imagine the spitty would be good too.

it's RIDICULOUSLY fun.