2017 Tour de France Fantasy League

Nick

Well done to our Week 1 prize winner: trailman with his team Uncaptured Climbers

Giro Synthe™

http://fantasytour.bikehub.co.za/images/prizes/giro_helmet.jpg

The Synthe™ is the pinnacle of road helmet design, combining the performance gains of an aerodynamic profile and light weight with great cooling power to enhance rider comfort and efficiency in road rides and races.

Awarded to a team containing the Green jersey holder (Marcel Kittel) following Stage 7.

WoW thanks Admin just seen this and I have just broken into the 1st half of the Pelaton now lying within the top 500 I am so good at this game :whistling:

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im down to 7 fit riders after the Majka withdrawal. I was sitting pretty in 30th place at the start of yesterdays stage. Now I'm hoping Matthews and GVA produces some magic in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by Rudi Pollard

Wow so I go to pull out the 4 rider who are no longer in the tour from the team and it tells me "Oops, it looks like you didnt pre-select any substitutes"

So basically its saying that the entire thing is screwed for me.

Would have been nice if there was something at the initial stages when the team was saved that mentioned substitutes must be pre-selected.

So yeah that definitely puts an end to my fantasy league.

Wow so I go to pull out the 4 rider who are no longer in the tour from the team and it tells me "Oops, it looks like you didnt pre-select any substitutes"

Would have been nice if there was something at the initial stages when the team was saved that mentioned substitutes must be pre-selected.

In fairness there's a button that says "How It Works"

The Basics

The Fantasy Tour is all about picking your very own Tour de France dream team. You can choose any riders from any team to make up the ultimate virtual team.

Pick your squad of 12 riders: 9 active riders and 3 substitutes.
Team submissions close once the Tour begins: at 15h00 SAST on Saturday, 1 July 2017.
Substitutes: On the two rest days during the race you'll have the opportunity to substitute riders. You can drop the non-performers or bring in some fresh legs.
Once substituted, riders can be used again, however points are only allocated while a rider is active.... if they're on the bench you don't score points.

I wasnt too bothered with reading that considering I have done it since it first came out and I dont recall it working like that before.

My league was wrecked after day2 already so Im past the point of caring.

first rest day and i am forced to use all of my subs :oops:

i wish i trusted my gut more

Edited by Oxter

I wasnt too bothered with reading that considering I have done it since it first came out and I dont recall it working like that before.

It was definitely that way last year.

all subs used and shy one rider! only got 8 in my team!

holding thumbs no other unfortunate events!

Just ran through the top 10.

9 of them have 3 or more scratched riders, so no brainer subs there.

the other guy has 2 scratched riders, so only got one fit guy to leave on the bench.

Just thinking for next year, maybe more than 3 guys on the bench would allow for more interaction later.

AND

I still maintain no subs, fantasy is meant for girls.....  :whistling: 

Suggestion from me... study the rules (once available) and how to earn points.

The summary I saw a few weeks back is definitely not the same as last year. Not totally new, but missing a few area in which to score points.

#toldyouso

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to pull out my post from 23 June... #toldyouso  :whistling:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

It was definitely that way last year.

Substitutions have been in play since 2015, and always pre-picked before the Tour started.

This year and last year are very similar, with the exception of a few minor scoring opportunities (break, breakwin, top 10 in the various jersey positions - now only jersey holder).

Just confirmed. .Majka won't start tomorrow [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Damn.

I've Lost Cav, Sagan, Porte, GT and now Majke.

I'm down to a 7 man outfit.