900ml or 1 Litre bottles available in SA?

walkerr

Unusual request this - but anyone know an LBS or online supplier in SA that has 900ml or 1Litre bottles that fit a standard bottle cage?

Will probably be an alloy can then and they not great for drinking out of on the bike.

I think the "camelbak' BIg chill is like 860ml or something ( don't quote me on that)

Unusual request this - but anyone know an LBS or online supplier in SA that has 900ml or 1Litre bottles that fit a standard bottle cage?

Evo Bikes

Evo Bikes

Do you have a link to the bottle - all I'm seeing on a search of their site is normal 500s and 750s

Will probably be an alloy can then and they not great for drinking out of on the bike.

I think the "camelbak' BIg chill is like 860ml or something ( don't quote me on that)

Yeah - seen the camelbak ones, but really need bigger and preferably plain bottle without the inner chilling lining. Have seen couple of  1 liter ones on Amazon, but not here in SA

Edited by walkerr

I bought a very simple plastic bottle at Crazy Store, 1L, with drinking spout.  Think it was about R50 and it fits my normal cage nice and tightly.

The only problem I could foresee (bike dependant) is clearance between the spout and top tube, mine has about 2mm.

I bought a very simple plastic bottle at Crazy Store, 1L, with drinking spout.  Think it was about R50 and it fits my normal cage nice and tightly.

The only problem I could foresee (bike dependant) is clearance between the spout and top tube, mine has about 2mm.

You can get  very nifty side entry/exit bottle cages that should solve that problem.........

You can get  very nifty side entry/exit bottle cages that should solve that problem.........

Thanks and thanks. Have side pull cages, and also a bracket adapter which lowers the cages so that top tube clearance is not an issue. Now just need to find the bottles. Will take a look at some non-cycle stores though

picture of the bottle please?

Edited by Mongoose!

I am very glad nobody has suggested a camel back hydration system ruck sack.

Road bike for 4,000km - no way my back will survive a rucksack for that duration