Fuji Outland 1.1 29er

JuddMan

Hi Everyone,

I need a bit of help. attached is a the pic and details of a Fuji 29" Outland (2017 model). 

To me, the specs are quite decent. RockShox Recon silver, mix of Deore and XT components and Shimano brand brakes. What I am not familiar with is the frame and don't know much about the Fuji brand either?

CycleLab currently has them on offer for R19k. For what you get, I dont think that is too bad a deal.

Thoughts? 

Frame:
Fuji A2-SL custom-butted alloy front triangle w/ PowerCurve down tube, tapered 1 1/8” - 1.5” head tube, oversized seat tube, Fuji A1-SL alloy rear triangle, post disc mount and replaceable hanger, sealed cartridge bearing pivot, 120mm travel
Fork: 
RockShox Recon Silver RL R Solo Air 29 w/ remote lockout, tapered alloy steerer, 15mm thru axle, 120mm travel
Front Derailleur: 
Shimano Deore, 34.9mm
Rear Derailleur: 
Shimano Deore XT shadow, 10-speed
Shifters: 
Shimano Deore, Rapid Fire, 20/30-speed
Cassette: 
Shimano HG50, 11-36T, 10-speed
Chain: 
KMC X10 w/ MissingLink, 10-speed
Brakeset: 
Shimano 395, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotors
Brake Levers: 
Shimano 396, hydraulic disc
Handlebars: 
Oval Concepts 250 riser bar, 6061 alloy, +/- 5mm rise, 9° sweep, 31.8mm clamp
Handlebar Stem: 
Oval Concepts 313, 3D-forged 6061 stem body, +/-7°
Tyres: 
Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 29” x 2.25”, 50tpi
Saddle: 
Oval Concepts 200, steel rail
Seat Post: 
Oval Concepts 300, 6061 alloy, 30.9mm diameter

post-81692-0-44895900-1498714375_thumb.jpg

Fuji is a decent make and those components are reasonable, you cannot get much better new for that price.........good deal in my opinion

Good deal , not fantastic but good :thumbup:

Fuji is a decent make and those components are reasonable, you cannot get much better new for that price.........good deal in my opinion

What would you recommend instead? I saw a Silverback Sido 3 for R24k? Deore all round with same shocks? 

In all honesty I would stay away from the entry level Fuji full suspension bikes. They make great bikes but for some reason that frame has "NO" written all over it! Might just be the looks but I do also recall someone telling me that the frame design would be problematic in the long run (might have been the pivot design).... not the best argument I know but it's what I have for now :D

Can't go wrong with the Silverback as always. Also look at the Merida 96 600 if that is the price bracket you are looking at. Take them for a ride.

As you are in the east rand, also take a look at Finish Line cycles in Kempton Park.

Solid bike for the price. Not great, but good. 

Make sure to pick up a few derailleur hangers while you're at it and check to see how easily you can get your hands on replacement pivots. 

Thanks for all the help everyone. Last question. If you were buying, around R20k, what would you be looking at?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What would you recommend instead? I saw a Silverback Sido 3 for R24k? Deore all round with same shocks? 

Quite honestly, just looking at that frame setup on the Fuji, the Silverback or Trek are both better options in the long run. 

Likely a few other brands too, but those two have been mentioned in the thread.

I am pro Silverback so I would recommend the SIDO, just wait a month or so and 2017 bikes will become cheaper to make way for 2018 models.

I am pro Silverback so I would recommend the SIDO, just wait a month or so and 2017 bikes will become cheaper to make way for 2018 models.

Valuable advice! Cheers ????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk