[Event] Chas Everitt Around The Pot - Overberg 100 Miler

Rohan Germishuys

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a bow organisers. Well done!

Goodie bag was great and actually something you can use.

Did the 56miler. Some might bitch about the extra 5km and 200m of climbing, BUT... The water points were AWESOME, well stocked.

The neutral zone was great. Rooster koek with bacon, egg and cheese halfway plus a gazebo with droewors, barones, potatoes, Bananas, and loads more.

Well marked with more than enough marshalls.

Nice training ride for K2C or Trans Bavians.

All in all very well organised and I will be back next year

My Garmin actually showed 1637m at the end of the race.  A bit unexpected but still a lot of fun

yeah, I got about 2650m instead of the 1990m of climbing for the 100miler, but did not feel like that much climbing.

Take a bow organisers. Well done!

The neutral zone was great.

I'm going to assume you mean the halfway point, and not the bit on the tar behind the police vehicle!!

awesome race but I think we should keep this one to ourselves!

This is always the problem with these races - hidden gems that grow and become popular, and then lose the bits that made them so special. A Catch 22!

yeah, I got about 2650m instead of the 1990m of climbing for the 100miler, but did not feel like that much climbing.

Me too - 2600+

All in all, a very cool event. I don't think we rode a single piece of flat road for 160kms - it was either up or down, all day long!

The post ride vibe at the finish was brilliant, as was just about everything else about this event - well done to the organisers!

This was a fantastic day out.

Goodie bag - replace the sun screen sachets, it is winter. The rest was great (Cup, Lube, Bum cream)

Route and marshalls - Route was marked well and there were sufficient marshalls.

The lead out police car was HORRIFIC - we ended up sprinting like maniacs to the start of the gravel. This should be a non racing zone. Eventually the entire bunch was split up in the dark and cars were passing us with oncoming traffic.

The BEST rooster koek with bacon, egg and cheese I have had (and the droewors and barones rounded it off).

Perhaps provide a route profile stick in the bag - we printed our own for the bikes and it does help. We could then compare what was lying ahead vs what the bike computers had already recorded at that point in time (Could easily see the route would be in excess of 2300m vs the 1900 said at the start) - this is important as some people program themselves for only what is communicated.

Other than that, great race. I am sure I'll be back.