127 members have voted

1. 1. did your saddle give you pain ?

• never
    • only a new saddle
    • after a longer ride
    • after not cycling for a couple of days/weeks
    • often
    • always
  2. 2. what pain and where do you feel it ?

• nothing
    • numbness
    • pressure
    • sit bones
    • private parts
    • legs
    • feet
    • lower back
  3. 3. how long does the pain last ?

• it is gone as soon as i am off the bike
    • up to a hour
    • up to 3 hours
    • up to a day
    • a couple of days
    • a week or longer
    • what pain ?

Hi fellow Hubbers. 

Im doing some market research and i am in need of your opinions. 

Have you ever had pain / problems with your saddle ?

please share your experience

Edited by Brakepad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My saddle is not bad but I'd like A power saddle ...if anyone is feelimg generous.

Who has A wtb volt ? They seem quite good and come in A narrow version which is what I need

My saddle is not bad but I'd like A power saddle ...if anyone is feelimg generous.

Who has A wtb volt ? They seem quite good and come in A narrow version which is what I need

I'm a big fan of WTB's saddles. I have a Volt and a couple of Silverados on my bikes. The volt is on the roadbike and I like it especially for the 100km + rides. I have a Silverado on the commuter and another on the duallie. I wont be buying anything else soon.

I think my butt is like my blood group, universally accepted.

I have three different saddles on my three bikes, and none of them give me issues. Well, there was some mild discomfort until I went for a bikefit, and now I have no issues. So my feeling is the majority of saddle issues are related to bikefit, and not having the correct width. 

Had this problem with the girl not so long ago, then paid for a fit, a less wide saddle and she's got no complaints since then.

Go for a fit!

Bageara, I have a WTB volt on my cross/gravel grinder and it's lovely. I had it on my first roadbike and it was so comfortable that I decided to move it over to the CX when I got my current road bike.

I think my butt is like my blood group, universally accepted.

I have three different saddles on my three bikes, and none of them give me issues. Well, there was some mild discomfort until I went for a bikefit, and now I have no issues. So my feeling is the majority of saddle issues are related to bikefit, and not having the correct width. 

Had this problem with the girl not so long ago, then paid for a fit, a less wide saddle and she's got no complaints since then.

Go for a fit!

Bageara, I have a WTB volt on my cross/gravel grinder and it's lovely. I had it on my first roadbike and it was so comfortable that I decided to move it over to the CX when I got my current road bike.

You probably have a tough butt, same as guys who get blisters on feet, trying various shoes to stop it, bottom line is rather make your feet tougher than try find shoes to stop blisters.

A tough butt will handle most saddles fine

Technically, numbess is not pain... it's the absence of feeling. But for your purposes, it can be pain  :thumbup:

Thank you lechatnoir

you are absolutely right. i am limited to 3 questions and i don't have any medical background 

can you forgive me ? :blush: 

Can't do the poll as I don't get pain and the last question doesn't have a suitable response.

Selle Italia SLR carbona. Love my Selle's. Have them on all my bikes. Have the SL on my tandems and MTBs and the SLR on my road bike.

Just ordered two shimano pro stealth saddles(shimanos version of a power saddle) one for mtb and one for road, hopefully they do the job????

Can't do the poll as I don't get pain and the last question doesn't have a suitable response.

Selle Italia SLR carbona. Love my Selle's. Have them on all my bikes. Have the SL on my tandems and MTBs and the SLR on my road bike.

thank you , i just updated with a new option in question 3

Its so random how different saddles work for different people. I have had 3 Selle's and I would rather drill a hole in a piece of wood and sit on that, that is how bad they are to me!

Its so random how different saddles work for different people. I have had 3 Selle's and I would rather drill a hole in a piece of wood and sit on that, that is how bad they are to me!

Agreed. Different strokes for different folks. For me, the harder and flatter the saddle the better. 

Been riding a Charge Spoon saddle for a number of years.... even after 6hrs of riding is still comfy!  Will not change it.

My TT bike has an Adamo Podium, also very comfy.